Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2011, 07:16 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,144,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by htlong View Post
EB,

its the truth? or is it your opinion

I never paid into S.S. security.......evar! my mom did and she died before she could collect any of it ........yeah thats a good system

and :for the people: does that mean give me health ins? and who pays for this ....they do you said....who are they? me & you?

and so you want to join the great society..........set your goals higher than govt handouts and becoming a welfare rider time to get ready to watch Betty white!
Betty White, what a wonderful ole gal .

It's like the old saying when it comes to life, "you live, you work, you pay taxes and then you die" and those are the only guarantees you get in life. Unless your a welfare rider, then those are all thrown out the window, but at least they get medical coverage while not working.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2011, 12:28 AM

10 posts, read 17,401 times
[quote=EarthBound?;17480287][b][color="indigo"]Like what the present President has to deal with that was left over from the idiot before him (Bush).

Yeah, let's talk about the "mess" that GW left your man Obama, shall we?

Let's start with the unemployment rate.
The average annual unemployment under G.W. Bush for all 8 years was 5.2 %. It was at the lowest at 4.6% just before the dems took charge in Jan 2007. It went up from there until it hit 7.2% in Dec 2008.

What is Obama's record? 2009 it was 9.2% and 2010 it was up to 9.6%.

How about them deficits, eh?
Under GW the highest deficit was what, around 500 Billion or so?

Under Obama it has hit more than %1.5 Trillion.

You dems have controlled the congress and the economy since Jan 2007.

Kasich will do just fine, I imagine, judging by how you guys are squealing like stuck pigs, eh?

Old 01-20-2011, 12:40 AM

10 posts, read 17,401 times

3) You and I both pay into a little thing called (Social Security) notice the first word (SOCIAL). We're all supposed to be able to use it in our golden years when the time comes, because we the workers paid into it.

We have no choice, but to pay into it as it is a tax that is collected by the Government.

"Helvering v. Davis, 301 U.S. 619 (1937), decided on the same day as Steward, upheld the program because "The proceeds of both [employee and employer] taxes are to be paid into the Treasury like internal-revenue taxes generally, and are not earmarked in any way". That is, the Social Security Tax was constitutional as a mere exercise of Congress's general taxation powers."

FDR originally denied that it was a tax, but when he( his attorneys) stepped before the Supreme Court they, without hesitation, said it was indeed, a tax.

That is what Obama intends to say when he steps in front of the Supreme Court and declares that his Health Care Program is indeed a Tax!

But in reality, it is in fact one Giant Ponzi Scheme:
"The first monthly payment was issued on January 31, 1940 to Ida May Fuller of Ludlow, Vermont. In 1937, 1938 and 1939 she paid a total of $24.75 into the Social Security System. Her first check was for $22.54. After her second check, Fuller already had received more than she contributed over the three-year period. She lived to be 100 and collected a total of $22,888.92."

What a payoff!

She collected more than 1000 times what she had put in.

And that was when there were 15 taxpayers to support her.
Now there are 2-3 taxpayers to support an old folk.

This is what Governor Christie found when he looked at the teacher's pensions in New Jersey. They did not pay into their pensions, but after they retired, they could reap up to 3 million dollars.
What a country, eh?

You have not paid anywheres near what you will be collecting.

Old 01-20-2011, 07:09 AM

Hey AlaskaPat,

How's it looking up there in the land of the mid-night sun? Things down here in the Buckeye are all still the same. People whining and crying BOOHOO over stupid stuff as usual . Get back down here a kick up some more more interesting topics and conversations, Please.

By the way, did you ketchup with _RedBird_ down on the Cozy Inn?

Old 01-20-2011, 10:36 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,432,243 times
Well, it snowed in Ok, last night. It's so light,
it looks like someone was changing diapers and spilt baby powder all over.
Maybe it athletes powder.

Old 01-20-2011, 01:48 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,437,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
Hey AlaskaPat,

How's it looking up there in the land of the mid-night sun? Things down here in the Buckeye are all still the same. People whining and crying BOOHOO over stupid stuff as usual . Get back down here a kick up some more more interesting topics and conversations, Please.

By the way, did you ketchup with _RedBird_ down on the Cozy Inn?
Haven't caught up with redbird yet. People whining and complaining up here too lol, people are the same all over. How is BJB doing? Yea we need some interesting topics.

Old 01-20-2011, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Well, it snowed in Ok, last night. It's so light,
it looks like someone was changing diapers and spilt baby powder all over.
Maybe it athletes powder.
Baby powder lol

Old 01-20-2011, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
Haven't caught up with redbird yet. People whining and complaining up here too lol, people are the same all over. How is BJB doing? Yea we need some interesting topics.
She's doing well, the Ebay stuff is keeping a little busy. I'm on seasonal lay-off, but working the temp thing whenever I can. We both would love to get out of the Buckeye state, not because of the people but we want a Little warmer climate if you know what I mean.
Yeah, _RedBird_ is usually down on the Community Chat thread lurking around on the Cozy-Inn. There's a bunch of really nice folks down there, I polk my head in from time to time just to say "Howdy". It's hard for me keep up with those folks, they would be past 7 to 8 pages by the time I get back in there. A bunch of real "Chatty Kathy's" if you know what I mean /

Old 01-20-2011, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
She's doing well, the Ebay stuff is keeping a little busy. I'm on seasonal lay-off, but working the temp thing whenever I can. We both would love to get out of the Buckeye state, not because of the people but we want a Little warmer climate if you know what I mean.
Yeah, _RedBird_ is usually down on the Community Chat thread lurking around on the Cozy-Inn. There's a bunch of really nice folks down there, I polk my head in from time to time just to say "Howdy". It's hard for me keep up with those folks, they would be past 7 to 8 pages by the time I get back in there. A bunch of real "Chatty Kathy's" if you know what I mean /

Are you still thinking of Oklahoma? My sister tells me it's snowing like crazy by her. She also would like a warmer climate. I like 4 seasons but want mild winters.

Old 01-20-2011, 03:38 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,432,243 times
You can always try the Mojave desert out in Calmexico.. That is, if the illegals haven't claimed it as their dumping grounds yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio