Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 01:56 PM

2,204 posts, read 6,719,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cle440 View Post
Cincy-Rise, I believe I just proved my point. Its okay if you dont want to accept the truth. Cleveland is more liberal and Democratic than Cincinnati and thats a fact, I just proved that, you didnt make any good points how I didnt. Im not here to bash Cincinnati, but its not nearly as liberal as Cleveland. I dont understand why its so hard for you to accept that, in denial huh?

And now that you mention it, Detroit is a pretty liberal city. If you dont believe that obviously you dont know much about it, and have probably never been there. My whole thing is, that if you dont know about something, dont talk about it. You are using the same pathetic tactics that the rest of them use now, you get proved wrong and you wont admit it, and I didnt even bash Cincinnati and then you go and bash Cleveland for no reason at all and lie about it. NE Ohio still has over 4.5 million people, and the city of Cleveland is still ahead of Cincinnati by over 110,000, but thats besides the point. I still stand that I proved my point, until you can prove that I didnt, Im right. You guys have to admit when your wrong, because its just starting to look sad.
You didn't prove anything.

A city's political standings do not have anything to do with it's cultural liberalism or conservativeness. If it did, there would be no Republicans that are gay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2008, 01:58 PM

Of course I've been to Detroit, it's only 3.5 hours away. IT IS NOT the most liberal city in the United States. That's a joke. NYC, Vegas, and Boston are all ahead of it in terms of its social liberal status.

Old 09-23-2008, 08:19 AM

3,070 posts, read 11,926,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy-Rise View Post
You didn't prove anything.

A city's political standings do not have anything to do with it's cultural liberalism or conservativeness. If it did, there would be no Republicans that are gay.
Of course you do the obvious thing that all posters on city-data and virtually everywhere else do when they get completely proved wrong, you complain and try to argue about how the "stats are wrong" or "this doesnt mean that". Like I said, Democratic doesnt automatically=liberal, but its pretty accurate.

Old 09-23-2008, 10:11 AM

1,071 posts, read 4,453,711 times
detroit is very liberal, but what's being lost in this is the examination of the impact of being in a liberal or conservative metro, because almost every major city is liberal, including cincinnati. liberals and conservatives spend the money differently to get to the same finish line, but when the system is corrupt, it doesn't matter who you have. cleveland and detroit are liberal in their political money-spending ideologies, but aren't doing any better than the good ol' boys in cincinnati. they're just different good ol' boys.

Old 09-25-2008, 08:18 AM

6,351 posts, read 21,537,231 times
If you move to Cincinnati and wait a few years, it will probably be like Minneapolis. The Brent Spence Bridge will fall into the Ohio River before the politicians get around to replacing it...

Old 09-25-2008, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crew Chief View Post
If you move to Cincinnati and wait a few years, it will probably be like Minneapolis. The Brent Spence Bridge will fall into the Ohio River before the politicians get around to replacing it...
lol ... so true! Too bad we can't take advantage of all of the government funding that's available!!!

Old 09-25-2008, 10:04 AM

6,351 posts, read 21,537,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy-Rise View Post
lol ... so true! Too bad we can't take advantage of all of the government funding that's available!!!
Cincy-rise, I think OH DoT is spending it all in Montgomery Co; I-75 in downtown Dayton is getting a major rework as well as the I-70/I-75 junction. I bet you can't wait for them to get started on the I-75 renovation around Hopple Street either...

Old 09-25-2008, 10:38 AM

862 posts, read 1,051,497 times
If you like probaly two places as widely different as NYC and Mpls, you're flexible enough to live about anywhere. IMHO splitting the difference would be MKE or Cleveland.

Old 11-20-2008, 04:16 PM

7 posts, read 29,961 times
Back to the original poster. I lived in Uptown Mpls for years and I think I know what you may be looking for and it isn't in Cincinnati.

I work in Over-the-Rhine in Cinci which is trying hard to be a funky arty fun place. It really has come a long way in the past few years and has some of that, but it is no Minneapolis. The feel of Cincinnati is way different and not to restart the previous argument, but it does not feel liberal at all to me.

If I am right about the feel you are looking for, I think Columbus is closer. But I have heard Cleveland and Athens are even more like that, although I have never been to either.

But I would say that I would move back to Mpls in a heart beat if I could.

Old 11-20-2008, 05:46 PM

2,106 posts, read 6,632,896 times
If it helps you any, NYC has the largest number of implants in Cleveland. It's more of an east coast vibe. In concerns with Minneapolis, Cinci and Columbus are more similar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio