Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 02:42 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,144,504 times

Advertisements

[quote=Huckleberry3911948;8512586]very common these days, the difference between a vicious criiminal and a punk kid.
the one that thrashed the graves was my kid.[/QUOTE]

What do you mean by this statement? If you don't mind my asking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2009, 03:15 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,659,782 times
Personally I'd put them to work in the cemetery and make them pay for the damage, wouldn't it be ironic if some of the headstones they damage was some of their own ancestors...

Old 04-25-2009, 03:17 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
[quote=SeabeeBolt;8512613]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
very common these days, the difference between a vicious criiminal and a punk kid.
the one that thrashed the graves was my kid.[/QUOTE]

What do you mean by this statement? If you don't mind my asking.
it means i told my fingers to type trashing but my moral outrage said thrash the kid.

Old 04-25-2009, 03:55 PM

2,501 posts, read 7,765,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeabeeBolt View Post
Yep. I've actually stood there and heard parents say to thier kids "You don't let people disrespect you, ever". And not teach them, that you must give respect to earn respect, like my parents tought me.
Thats why when a kids gets killed while during a drug deal or in a gang action, I could care less about thier parents crying and just laugh at them. One less idiot on the earth, thank you. They allowed thier kid to get killed by not being there to teach them about life and just letting them run around like wild animals.
I teach 5th & 6th grade and the motto in my classroom is "Give respect, Get respect"....you have to give it to earn getting it back in return. I have a pretty good group of kids and have had for the past several years...a bad apple now and then, but for the most part they follow the rules and treat one another and me with respect. I also have very supportive parents, which makes a difference!

Old 04-25-2009, 04:05 PM

2,501 posts, read 7,765,677 times
From Seabolt: "The idled hand is the devils workshop. Living on a farm, my parents always found plenty of work for us kids to do and it kept us real busy and out of trouble for the most part."

[ COLOR="Blue"]I couldn't agree with you more! Children these days don't have enough responsibilities and spend too much time in front of the TV watching whatever they want, playing viedeo games (often violent and full of profanity and sexual content), and getting every new expensive piece of technology that comes out. Many don't know what it is to have chores, to feel "needed", to sit and play board games with the family, or even to sit at the dinner table for meals with the family, where meaningful discussions take place. They are left to their own devices to figure out morals, values, and what their place in society will be....with no positive role models. This is why we have SO MANY kids in juvenile detention centers and so many getting into drugs and drinking at earlier ages than ever before....they are looking for something they are lacking in their lives - family time, learning to respect others, feeling loved and needed, and positive role models. Being a teacher and a Juvenile Justice Arbitrator, I see the end result of poor parenting and poor home life....very sad for the kids and for society.[/color]

Old 04-26-2009, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCBeaches View Post
From Seabolt: "The idled hand is the devils workshop. Living on a farm, my parents always found plenty of work for us kids to do and it kept us real busy and out of trouble for the most part."

[ COLOR="Blue"]I couldn't agree with you more! Children these days don't have enough responsibilities and spend too much time in front of the TV watching whatever they want, playing viedeo games (often violent and full of profanity and sexual content), and getting every new expensive piece of technology that comes out. Many don't know what it is to have chores, to feel "needed", to sit and play board games with the family, or even to sit at the dinner table for meals with the family, where meaningful discussions take place. They are left to their own devices to figure out morals, values, and what their place in society will be....with no positive role models. This is why we have SO MANY kids in juvenile detention centers and so many getting into drugs and drinking at earlier ages than ever before....they are looking for something they are lacking in their lives - family time, learning to respect others, feeling loved and needed, and positive role models. Being a teacher and a Juvenile Justice Arbitrator, I see the end result of poor parenting and poor home life....very sad for the kids and for society.[/color]
And just think, these are the adults that will be taken care of us in the rest home as we sit in the autum of our lives . Just shoot me now and get it over with .

Old 04-26-2009, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Personally I'd put them to work in the cemetery and make them pay for the damage, wouldn't it be ironic if some of the headstones they damage was some of their own ancestors...
Truly I don't think they would give it a second thought if one of the stones were for an ancestor, Ptsum. Punks like this just flat out have no respect for anything or anyone. I have several freinds resting in the cematery and I tend to take it a little personal. I've known the care takers all my life, I tended school and played football with both their sons. So this type of crime kinda hit home a little close. Thats one of the reasons why I think that thier parents should be the ones paying for the damages and doing the time to fix it the damages.

Old 04-26-2009, 08:28 AM

3,977 posts, read 3,662,018 times
The thing is, how old should the kids be before they are held accountable for what they do?

Old 04-26-2009, 08:30 AM

3,977 posts, read 3,662,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
very common these days, the difference between a vicious criiminal and a punk kid.
the one that trashes the graves was my kid.

Does this mean you had a child that did damage? Any child can make a mistake, but I think we are talking about the ones that have done this way their whole life and got away with things. You know what I'm trying to say?

Old 04-26-2009, 03:50 PM

42 posts, read 103,978 times
When you ask a person who is a sucessful adult ,what or who was the most instumental person in their life most of the time they will tell you the parents or parent had the biggest impact.Thats a parents responsibilty. No its not always fun or easy. But the payoff is when they turn into a responsible member of society. Worth more than all the things you had to give up to obtain such.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio