Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 03:54 PM

50 posts, read 84,905 times

Advertisements

Can someone familiar with this area tell me more about these 3 areas below . I am interested in the rental home costs (1300 is my maximum for at least 1300 sq feet home in safe area) the schools and being accepted as we are not from the area. We have 3 small kids -one in 1st grade. If there are other areas we should check out that I have not mentioned please let me know. We are trying to stay within 20 minutes of Norman,

Newcastle
Tuttle
Noble
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2014, 06:09 PM

2 posts, read 5,535 times
I personally would say no to Noble. Newcastle is probably the most "grown up" of the three, especially in the last 5 years or so. Tuttle isn't so bad either. Moore or Norman definitely has the better schools in the area though.

If it were me:
1. Newcastle
2. Tuttle
3. Noble

Only pro Noble has in my opinion is proximity to Norman. The other two are very close to SW OKC area though. Oh and Noble has a drag racing track if you're into that stuff.

Old 07-28-2014, 09:58 PM

50 posts, read 84,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justintc93 View Post
I personally would say no to Noble. Newcastle is probably the most "grown up" of the three, especially in the last 5 years or so. Tuttle isn't so bad either. Moore or Norman definitely has the better schools in the area though.

If it were me:
1. Newcastle
2. Tuttle
3. Noble

Only pro Noble has in my opinion is proximity to Norman. The other two are very close to SW OKC area though. Oh and Noble has a drag racing track if you're into that stuff.
Thanks. Just curious why you would say no to Noble. I have seen mixed reviews on the schools.

Old 07-29-2014, 04:55 PM

778 posts, read 2,323,743 times
I had some friends in college at OU who rented a house down that way because it was less $$ than something in Norman. Long story short, they broke their lease after 5 months. Noble is cheap for a reason.

There's no one glaring issue with the town, but its just overall low class with not a lot going on.

Full disclosure: this was about 6 years ago and since then Noble is slowly on the recieving end of some growth trickling out of Norman/OKC. So it *may* have changed.

Even still, IMO Tuttle and Newcastle are much nicer towns if you desire something a bit more rural, although Newcastle is closer commute to Norman.

Old 07-29-2014, 05:12 PM

17,804 posts, read 13,708,449 times
Tuttle is not within 20 minutes of Norman. Not even close really. Newcastle is probably 15-20 minutes away.

Noble? 5 minutes away. Noble is basically Norman anymore. I have lived there and liked it fine. Didn't have kids in school though. The reason Noble doesn't have "a lot going on" is because it is basically Norman. They do have a few tasty home cooking' eateries. The issue with Noble, Lexington, and Purcell is that there is some riff raf there because of the prisons that are within 30 minutes drive, but I lived in a nice neighborhood in Noble and it was great.

There are three other places within your time that are pretty good. Purcell/Lexingtion, Blanchard, and Washington Oklahoma.

Old 08-03-2014, 11:18 AM

13 posts, read 15,514 times
I grew up in Norman. For a time, my parents lived in Moore and Tuttle/Newcastle.
I think that you will be fine living in Tuttle, Moore and Noble as long as you are straight, like to hunt, eat lots of meat, fight, are white and don't like other races, religions or lines of thought. When I lived there, the schools weren't much to brag about either. I feel that I would have done much better academically if I had only lived in Norman.
Hopefully, for your children's sake, you will be able to find affordable housing in Norman.

Old 08-03-2014, 03:10 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,510,874 times
My vote goes to Tuttle.

I think Noble will be a tad too small and clannish for ya'll. It really helps if you're from Noble originally or from the surrounding area. The main thing is that you're an Okie in Noble! Sounds like you have that covered.

Newcastle is already getting built up and constructing the cookie-cutter neighborhoods. Tuttle is not far behind, but for me personally, it still retains the small town charm a bit more than the others.

Old 08-12-2014, 07:35 AM

17,804 posts, read 13,708,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
My vote goes to Tuttle.

I think Noble will be a tad too small and clannish for ya'll. It really helps if you're from Noble originally or from the surrounding area. The main thing is that you're an Okie in Noble! Sounds like you have that covered.

Newcastle is already getting built up and constructing the cookie-cutter neighborhoods. Tuttle is not far behind, but for me personally, it still retains the small town charm a bit more than the others.
Tuttle, Newcastle and Noble are all about the same size. I don't see where you get that Noble is clannish because more than half the people who live there moved in and work in Norman or at the prisons by Lexington. I admit that Noble draws the blue collar crowd but so does Newcastle and Tuttle. Noble's adjacent location to Norman makes it the best spot of the three IMO, and of the three it actually has more IN town than the other two.

Old 08-12-2014, 09:50 AM

588 posts, read 1,320,438 times
Does living in a small town feel more desirable to you? I don't see why you shouldn't live in Norman for that price. Perhaps you want more land? Norman and Moore public schools are good. Noble is close to Norman and looks like a rundown town. It butts up right against Norman. They are about to build a Walmart near 77/9 very close to Noble just FYI. It will serve SE Norman and Noble.

Old 08-12-2014, 12:40 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,510,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Tuttle, Newcastle and Noble are all about the same size. I don't see where you get that Noble is clannish because more than half the people who live there moved in and work in Norman or at the prisons by Lexington. I admit that Noble draws the blue collar crowd but so does Newcastle and Tuttle. Noble's adjacent location to Norman makes it the best spot of the three IMO, and of the three it actually has more IN town than the other two.
Just my experience with some of my ol' fishign buddies from there. They do fine, but there seems to be a funny vibe in that town. I can't put my finger on it. Paul's Valley strikes me the same way, but to a greater extent. It could just be me, which I fully concede. It's probably somewhat relative. What I think is more of a welcoming town many others may not.

Some things are improving there, though. Last year I saw the new football stadium they made and thought, "Wow, that's a pretty dang nice field for a small town."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City