Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2020, 07:07 AM

24,613 posts, read 10,936,326 times

Advertisements

Dogs scratch when they have fleas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2020, 01:17 AM

140 posts, read 115,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep2 View Post
Dogs scratch when they have fleas.
LOL, I met MANY "Flea bags" in Oklahoma. And i'm not talking about dogs

Old 06-18-2020, 04:40 AM

111 posts, read 96,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagodude.1984 View Post
I lived in OKC for several years and DO NOT recommend it !!

It was so bad, I moved BACK to Chicago !! ESPECIALLY if you have kids !! I was going to mention Oklahoma is BOTTOM rank in Education, But since your homeschooling might not be a issue ?? Also Oklahoma is still a VERY racist area !!! Lived all over the US in my lifetime and Oklahoma was the ONLY state I had racial discrimination issues

Oklahoma has a VERY high drug abuse addiction epidemic( Look up KOCO TV "State of Addiction") and I would NEVER raise kids in that metro EVER !! Even if you offered me $1 million !!
Roads are crap and people in Oklahoma are VERY RUDE, Especially if your a "Outsider"

Think of OKC as a another Milwaukee, Joliet, Aurora. OKC metro has high # of drugs abuse, poverty and crime for per capita.

I have seen more crazy ***** in OKC than when I lived in Los Angleles, San Francisco, Chicago COMBINED
FACT !!
>Chicago-- a progressive S-hole
>1984-- a progressives wet dream of a book
Maybe, just maybe, if you are gonna spend all your time trolling you might consider a more subtle name?
Your entire MO is floating around attacking these threads. stop trolling man

Old 06-19-2020, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniKidNow View Post
>Chicago-- a progressive S-hole
>1984-- a progressives wet dream of a book
Maybe, just maybe, if you are gonna spend all your time trolling you might consider a more subtle name?
Your entire MO is floating around attacking these threads. stop trolling man

Not trolling Just sharing MY personal experice of living in oklahoma for several years

That's what this site is for. To share both bad and good

P.S I feel 1000x safer walking around downtown Chicago VS downtown OKC at 1AM

Old 06-19-2020, 07:47 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,659,217 times
Quote:
Not trolling Just sharing MY personal experice of living in oklahoma for several years

If OKC is so bad, why are you the only one on here so strongly against anybody moving to OKC?

Old 06-22-2020, 05:21 AM

24,313 posts, read 13,164,784 times
Quote:

I can think of a lot safer places than Chicago. A former resident of Chicago now living in Canada recently compared the Windy City to a Third World nation. In this past weekend, 19-21 Jul 2020, as of this writing there have been 86 people shot in Chicago, 12 died. Over 1300 people have been shot in Chicago shootings in 2020 so far. That's people actually shot, not shooting incidents. Which are significantly higher.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/crime/2...es-13-shooting

I don't like Chicago, and I have spent a lot of time there in my youth. But I don't incessantly troll forums and attack it and use hyperbole and exaggeration (and emojis) to make a point against people I don't know. My parents grew up there, my father in the Calumet City area, my mother on North Kirkwood in the Sauganash neighborhood. Outside of combat, where response is trained and expected, I have had to use the fight-or-flight response to violence four times in my life, once, surprisingly in Vancouver, BC, a drunk road rage passenger who bit off a lot more than he could chew (fight), once in HS, but the other two were in Chicago, most recently near downtown (Labor Day weekend, 2000) as the unmistakable staccato of multiple semi-autos followed by shouts and screams ruined an otherwise great day after watching the White Sox beat Cleveland in a 30-run total slugfest. Got out of there fast. The other one, when I was 15, was during a summer visit to my grandparents' place on North Western by Touhy. My sister and I went to a Jewel a few blocks north by Howard to get some things and as we walked back we were "visited" by a trio of the North Side's finest, maybe 13 or so YO. They wanted our bags and when we refused, their "leader" took it upon himself to take it. Bad idea, he found out what North Side pavement tastes like because he wasn't ready for the fight response. One buddy tried to help, my little sister, whom no one should ever mess with, busted him upside his pointed little head as she used a can of Dole pineapple as a weapon, dropped him like the sh!ts@ck he was. Thug #3 was gone, judiciously took the flight option. We get it, OKC was not a good experience, but it is a great fit for a diverse group of persons.

Last edited by SluggoF16; 06-22-2020 at 05:33 AM..

Old 06-22-2020, 11:03 AM

17,816 posts, read 13,719,426 times
Quote:

LOL, I thought about you yesterday. I went to the On Cue on Memorial Road where your traumatic "no bueno" incident occurred. Drove by the bank where the horrible "Do you speak English?" insult happened.

Old 06-25-2020, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
LOL, I thought about you yesterday. I went to the On Cue on Memorial Road where your traumatic "no bueno" incident occurred. Drove by the bank where the horrible "Do you speak English?" insult happened.

Hmmmm okay ??? And none of that is accurate

"No Beuno" racist comment happened @ the Edmond Broadway Onque in front of the Auto zone.

The Kirkpatrick bank racist old lady who for no reason asked me if "I was born here" ??? AFTER I gave her my OK Drivers license and Social security card to open a bank account

Next time you want to poke fun on actual events. Best to get your facts straight

Old 06-25-2020, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SluggoF16 View Post
I can think of a lot safer places than Chicago. A former resident of Chicago now living in Canada recently compared the Windy City to a Third World nation. In this past weekend, 19-21 Jul 2020, as of this writing there have been 86 people shot in Chicago, 12 died. Over 1300 people have been shot in Chicago shootings in 2020 so far. That's people actually shot, not shooting incidents. Which are significantly higher.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/crime/2...es-13-shooting

I don't like Chicago, and I have spent a lot of time there in my youth. But I don't incessantly troll forums and attack it and use hyperbole and exaggeration (and emojis) to make a point against people I don't know. My parents grew up there, my father in the Calumet City area, my mother on North Kirkwood in the Sauganash neighborhood. Outside of combat, where response is trained and expected, I have had to use the fight-or-flight response to violence four times in my life, once, surprisingly in Vancouver, BC, a drunk road rage passenger who bit off a lot more than he could chew (fight), once in HS, but the other two were in Chicago, most recently near downtown (Labor Day weekend, 2000) as the unmistakable staccato of multiple semi-autos followed by shouts and screams ruined an otherwise great day after watching the White Sox beat Cleveland in a 30-run total slugfest. Got out of there fast. The other one, when I was 15, was during a summer visit to my grandparents' place on North Western by Touhy. My sister and I went to a Jewel a few blocks north by Howard to get some things and as we walked back we were "visited" by a trio of the North Side's finest, maybe 13 or so YO. They wanted our bags and when we refused, their "leader" took it upon himself to take it. Bad idea, he found out what North Side pavement tastes like because he wasn't ready for the fight response. One buddy tried to help, my little sister, whom no one should ever mess with, busted him upside his pointed little head as she used a can of Dole pineapple as a weapon, dropped him like the sh!ts@ck he was. Thug #3 was gone, judiciously took the flight option. We get it, OKC was not a good experience, but it is a great fit for a diverse group of persons.

Shocked as someone who LIVED in Chicago post shooting/murder statics from areas that no normal sane person would voluntarily be in

Touhy and Western ?? Ya I know that area VERY well and it borders Roger's park so your incident doesn't really count

"OKC is great fit for a diverse group of people" Really ???. Ya like pedophiles and meth addicts?? Boy I have NEVER seen so many druggies in my life. Every night on the OKC news a story about some weirdo killing or molesting a child

Ya OKC is a GREAT Fit for families and kids

Old 06-27-2020, 12:42 PM

24,313 posts, read 13,164,784 times
Quote:
Shocked as someone who LIVED in Chicago post shooting/murder statics from areas that no normal sane person would voluntarily be in

Touhy and Western ?? Ya I know that area VERY well and it borders Roger's park so your incident doesn't really count

"OKC is great fit for a diverse group of people" Really ???. Ya like pedophiles and meth addicts?? Boy I have NEVER seen so many druggies in my life. Every night on the OKC news a story about some weirdo killing or molesting a child

Ya OKC is a GREAT Fit for families and kids
Not sure where that ridiculous statement (bold letters) comes from, it does count. It happened, it counts. Much like your insistence that perceived prejudice happened.

These nonsensical round-and-rounds remind me of a Robert Heinlein character, who stated "Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig." There are some people, whether like the airline passenger or WalMart patron who insists on not wearing a mask during a pandemic, or an online disruptive who is always right <snort, snicker>, that just plain can't accept that there are alternative points of view and that only one does count.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City