Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2008, 09:37 AM

702 posts, read 2,516,517 times

Advertisements

I live in NE Oklahoma and have Allegiance Communications, their cable TV service is absolutely horrible! Just wanted to see if anyone else who has their cable service experience same issues. For example, every Saturday they black out ESPN when college football is on, apparently due to the relationship between ABC and ESPN. I've called and complained and Allegiance claims it's not anything they can do about it. They claim they have to black out ESPN during the time ABC is showing a game and that all cable providers do the same thing. I informed them that Cox does NOT do that! When ABC is showing a college football game, ESPN is showing a different game with COX. They don't black out the broadcast and give you nothing like Allegiance does!

Another issue is we constantly have certain channels going blank. Right now for instance, ESPN, CNN, TNT, ABC Family, among others are currently off the air. I guess it's time for a dish!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2009, 01:03 PM

1 posts, read 9,460 times
Default Allegiance Communications

I live in Fort Riley Kansas and I used to have Allegiance. They really are a ripoff for anyone who is looking at this please do not sign anything with them. I was told that because we live on post that it was the only service provided come to find out that Embarq comes out here as well. I was told that my Allegiance bill for phone and internet would be 75.00 a month come to find out they were charging me $130.00 a month and most of the time it was superslow. I found out since it was cable internet that we share that throughout the building which slows everything down and two weeks ago the internet stopped working altogether. I called the customer support and they told me that my internet was working fine and I guess fine for not working. The following monday I went in to cancel it because it was out for more than a week and the customer rep said that the public works broke a node on friday and the tech that was suppose to fix it was out of town and she also said that because he was out of town that we had to wait because they were not going to call him in to fix it. I told her to cancel my service and she told me to bring the equipment back and that I will not be charged for the full month. I turned everything into a different customer rep a little later and she is trying to charge me $250 dollars and I asked why and she told me it was because I was late on my payment which I have my bank account statements saying that was paid except this month and I was told to wait on it until like she said turn my equipment in. I got extrememly upset with the lady that I turned my stuff into and I told her that I called the BBB which I still have not heard from and she point blank told me she did not care if I called the president so they are a huge ripoff and I do not know if it is only soldiers thats getting ripped off or if it is all their customers. I would highly recommend that if you had a different choice do not go with Allegiance Communications and do a search for the best phone, internet or cable that would be right for you and get everything in writing.

Old 08-04-2010, 12:50 PM

1 posts, read 8,563 times
Default Oh, yeah, do we ever!!!

Same here in Shawnee, Oklahoma.
We had such crappy service from them as an ISP we dropped them and went to AT&T DSL. No problems since.
In the past few months we have a cable service problem where the picture will become very static filled and black out, often the screen will go to the blue default screen because of the crappy signal.
Trying to contact them for service is worse than dealing with the Federal Govt. You call and get a fast busy, you call and it rings forever, you call and when you get through, you get cut off.
The technicians we've met blame management for cutting the service budget. Sales are complaining about the complaints.
We are looking at dumping them altogether.
Brian

Old 08-05-2010, 09:36 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,249,758 times
Well what ever you do don't be tempted to sign up with Hughes Net. My folks paid 80 dollars a month and very rarely had speeds much faster than dial up.

Old 08-06-2010, 08:13 AM

1,173 posts, read 1,534,073 times
I would recommend switching to COX. I didn't even know OKC had another cable company other than Cox Communications. They have excellent internet, digital cable, and a lot of HD channels. They also advertise bundle packages at $100.00 per month for 2 or 3 services.

Old 12-11-2010, 01:04 PM

1 posts, read 8,208 times
I now have Allegiance high speed internet. I've been battling with them for the last few months due to poor service. Allegiance has sent techs out several times to troubleshoot the problem, each time the technician verified that it's not my computers, not the router, nor the cable modem.

I am a computer technician myself ([url=http://www.BeyondOKC.com]BeyondOKC – Computer Repair & Tech Support Services in Central Oklahoma[/url]), and each time I call in to report (daily) problems, they always blame my equipment. It's been months now and each time I call and ask for a supervisor to come out to my location they refuse. I'm promised that a supervisor will call me back... and each day that passes I never get a return call from a supervisor.

One thing is consistent though; a high bill and (0) customer service.

I have heard good news for residents of Shawnee Oklahoma.... in 2011 Allegiance is supposed to be bought out by someone, and my greatest hope is that Cox Communications will take over this area again. No matter who leases this area from Cox, I doubt it could get much worse.

Last edited by beyondokc; 12-11-2010 at 01:15 PM..

Old 08-18-2011, 11:06 AM

1 posts, read 7,571 times
they were down every sunday here , internet. I sent back equipment in June and they are still billing me and told me they owe me money . Now they say I owe them and sent me to collections after two months of telling me the opposite!!! They are crooks and they dont care if they hurt your credit!

Old 11-25-2011, 08:30 PM

1 posts, read 7,285 times
I live in SE Oklahoma and I must say Allegiance is the worst cable company EVER it seems like every other week I'm calling them because my internet is out and on top of that they dont even have hd programing available they claim it's because of the town I'm in but all other companies here has hd programing do not and I repeat do not sign up for their terrible service or you too will be posting about how bad it is

Old 11-28-2011, 08:19 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,564,796 times
Those folks at Allegiance are lying like crazy to you; somebody there doesn't have a clue.

ESPN and ABC always televise games at the same time, and they've been doing so since ESPN was launched some 30 years ago.

For instance, this coming Saturday ABC will televise the Oklahoma @ Oklahoma St. donnybrook at 7 PM (CST), while the ACC conference championship game (Clemson vs. VTech) will air simultaneously on ESPN.

The fact that there are numerous CFB games on ABC and/or ESPN (as well as ESPN II & ESPNU) are always airing multiple games simultaneously every single Saturday during CFB season is not in dispute; those four networks are always airing games at the same time

Their license and/or contract needs to be revoked yesterday if thy're that incompetent!!!!!

Related question---can someone please give me a rundown of the choices for cable/TV in OKC, as well as nearby cities/suburbs such as Norman or Edmond?

I'm seriously considering relocating from Los Angeles next year and moving out of state; this city and state are going downhill faster than ever, and the quality of life is pretty lousy out here unless you make real good $$$$$ at your job due to the insane cost of living, starting with$3.65/gallon gasoline.

Thanks!!

Old 12-11-2011, 01:18 PM

1 posts, read 7,222 times
Default Allegiance

We moved from Arkansas back to central KS, Dodge City - and like everything that has been said I WOULD NOT recommend them to anyone, We have had nothing but problems with them since the get go. According to them my computer equipment is the problem, so that means that everyone that comes to visit, there laptop is bad also and don't get me started on the tv, we have more days down than we have watchable days. Terrible, Terrible, Terrible!!!!!! After first of year we definately are changing. Maybe this time I can get a price that stays what I was quoted.

Last edited by tladybug77; 12-11-2011 at 01:20 PM.. Reason: More to say
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City