Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 05:49 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,950,812 times

Advertisements

Cali Girl, you should definitely be on the cheer leading squad somewhere. Talent like that, and it is talent combined with athletic ability, is not something everyone has, seriously.

You might put Oklahoma in the spotlight at the national competitions. Plus, you're just a darn nice young lady that comes onto city-data and talks with us "old folks" once in awhile.

Your grandparents are lucky people to have such a nice young lady living with them. I'm sure you're one of the bright spots in their life and they couldn't be prouder of you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2008, 07:13 PM

3,724 posts, read 9,333,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali_Okie_Girl View Post
Kairbear..oo kool!! i took gymnastic for long time..i was also on cheer for the longest time!! i was Galaxy Elite for 2 years Cheer Force for 4 years and cheer extreme for 4 years! so ive mostly done cheer my hole life haha! i got my round off backhandspring (x2) backtuck backhandspring full layout with 3 twists!! that was my tumbling routine in cheer extreme!
I never belonged to a team, just did in school for fun. When I started, I was already too tall to even consider being competetive, but it was a lot of fun. Mostly I did it for strength training and flexibility - which was a good thing, because I always fell off the balance beam! I finally quit when the spotters started getting lazy and ignored us. I botched a wolf vault and came down face first on the mat. YEOWCH!

Old 02-09-2008, 07:51 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,449,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karibear View Post
I never belonged to a team, just did in school for fun. When I started, I was already too tall to even consider being competetive, but it was a lot of fun. Mostly I did it for strength training and flexibility - which was a good thing, because I always fell off the balance beam! I finally quit when the spotters started getting lazy and ignored us. I botched a wolf vault and came down face first on the mat. YEOWCH!
Ouch!!
That almost like a Ballerina.
The only reason I watch football is the see the cheerleaders.

Old 02-09-2008, 08:38 PM

2,919 posts, read 6,835,407 times
Perfect form! You definitely have what it takes Little One!! Keep training, keep smiling and most of all have fun!!

A couple of our Daughter's friends were bigtime into cheer... one died in an accident last year and one is now a professional. You look so much like the one who passed away it brings a *happy* tear to my eyes.

I'll DM you a pic of her soon. - LadyR

Old 02-09-2008, 11:06 PM

3,160 posts, read 10,629,267 times
Oh, to be young again.

Cali Okie Girl, I don't think I could do that when I was 15. Are you in dance too?

Old 02-10-2008, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peggydavis View Post
Quote:
Oh, to be young again.
Cali Okie Girl, I don't think I could do that when I was 15. Are you in dance too?
Isn't that the truth.
Old age never bothered me until Cali_Okie came along reminding me of the power of youth. I use to throw bails of hay up on the trailer with ease. Now if I tried any of that I'd be one big charlie horse.

Let' Tango!

Old 02-10-2008, 08:46 AM

9 posts, read 21,592 times
Default Hey Cali Girl

YOu should check out some of the cheer squads that practice at The Pinnacle in Helotes.

Or check out any Pop Warner teams...they start enrollment in August...my daughter was on the NE Vikings for 2 years....went to Nationals both times.

Good Luck!

Old 02-10-2008, 09:24 AM

708 posts, read 689,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Ok Cali_Okie_Girl, That did it. You've got what it takes for OSU.
Here's and application for the OU Cheerleading Squad.
http://graphics.fansonly.com/schools/okla-dump/pdf_files/48326.pdf (broken link)

And here's additional information, applications and forms for,
Oklahoma Spirit
Auditions & Tryouts
Please view the PDF documents below for audition dates, instructions and applications. For more information, please contact the OU Spirit Office at (405) 325-8366.
Cheer Pom Mascots RUF/NEKS
Cheer Application Pom Application Mascot Application RUF/NEKS Application
Cheer Audition Info Pom Audition Info Mascot Info Packet RUF/NEKS Policies
Cheer Release Form Pom Release Form OU Mascot Policy

HAHA!! if only i could..maybe in college!

colleeng..yes i have fully recovered from my flu...oo kool!! tell her to have fun..its great what shes doing!

Synopsis..I know..we've been looking into teams around the area. Im sure there are other girls better then me much better then me! Well, I LOVE COMING ON HERE!! i love talking to you guys...you guys are just so darn nice!!

mkfarnam..HAHA!!! a usually guy!

LadyRobyn i will have fun!!...aw im so very sorry for your loss

Peggy..im not in dance

qbu477..im just do that...thanks so much!!

Old 02-10-2008, 09:43 AM

I wouldn't dare expose my picture on this board, I'd be banned.
With a beard I look like Charles Manson.

Old 02-10-2008, 01:49 PM

3,724 posts, read 9,333,299 times
You should try dance. I think you'd really like jazz dance, it's more athletic and rhythmic, and not as structured as any of the others. At least not like tap, ballet, or ballroom. Clogging might be fun, too. Did you see Riverdance or Lord of the Dance?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma