Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2017, 10:15 PM

9 posts, read 12,673 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,
I've been looking to move from this **** hole state I currently live in and I've been giving serious consideration of moving to Oklahoma, maybe Meeker to seek out a more relaxed laid back life. I'm a country boy at heart and I've been looking for the small town feeling that I know is still alive in the southern states. Nowadays Everything is rushed and as are the people,who are ALWAYS in a rush. I've heard from other guys who get their haircut that I should be looking at Meeker. So if anyone is from Meeker, let alone, Oklahoma let me know your thoughts on weather, taxes, cost of living and basic everyday life... Thank You...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2017, 02:14 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlemarine View Post
Hello everyone,
I've been looking to move from this **** hole state I currently live in and I've been giving serious consideration of moving to Oklahoma, maybe Meeker to seek out a more relaxed laid back life. I'm a country boy at heart and I've been looking for the small town feeling that I know is still alive in the southern states. Nowadays Everything is rushed and as are the people,who are ALWAYS in a rush. I've heard from other guys who get their haircut that I should be looking at Meeker. So if anyone is from Meeker, let alone, Oklahoma let me know your thoughts on weather, taxes, cost of living and basic everyday life... Thank You...
Meeker is just a tiny Oklahoma town, much too small for me, since I'm not a country boy. At least it isn't too far from Shawnee and Oklahoma City. Rent would likely be cheap, if you can find a place to rent. But I wonder if they charge $20 for a haircut in Meeker?

As for taxes, better hope the governor does get her plan approved to put a sales tax on most every kind of service.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma