Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2017, 02:49 PM

3 posts, read 2,278 times

Advertisements

Here we go! I live in an apartment building for 55+ over seniors. I guess it is called sharing the water bill. There are 1 bdrms and 2 bdrms in the complex. The 1 bdrms have a set price that is suppose to be less than the 2 bdrms. I live by myself in a 1 bdrm apartment and I am a cheapskate. I keep track of where my money goes and for what, Now I do not think it is fair that some of the other tenants use alot less than others. I am on on disability and this just isn't fair.
! Something needs to be done. I live in Moore, Ok and I need to know where I can go, who I talk to to get something done about this. Does anyone know?

Yes, I am the person that will take this as far as I have to to see something done. It is not fair at all, to me and to others!

Thanks for any help!
Karen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2017, 03:12 PM

9,317 posts, read 21,007,728 times
Water Usage for a two bedroom unit should not be two times the amount of a one bedroom.

There is "Personal" water usage, ~40 Gallons per day per person(room) .

General Usage that does not vary as much (Use same amount of water for 1 and 2 BR apts) Dishes, Washer, Cleaning, etc ~30 Gallons per day one or two bedroom.

So its fair to have one rate for one bedrooms, one rate for two.

Old 05-15-2017, 04:44 PM

2,438 posts, read 7,013,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamKaren123 View Post
Here we go! I live in an apartment building for 55+ over seniors. I guess it is called sharing the water bill. There are 1 bdrms and 2 bdrms in the complex. The 1 bdrms have a set price that is suppose to be less than the 2 bdrms. I live by myself in a 1 bdrm apartment and I am a cheapskate. I keep track of where my money goes and for what, Now I do not think it is fair that some of the other tenants use alot less than others. I am on on disability and this just isn't fair.
! Something needs to be done. I live in Moore, Ok and I need to know where I can go, who I talk to to get something done about this. Does anyone know?

Yes, I am the person that will take this as far as I have to to see something done. It is not fair at all, to me and to others!

Thanks for any help!
Karen
So lets get this right.

You signed a contract with a senior citizen complex that showed you would have to pay so much of a water bill based on a set rate. Now you are contesting the agreement you signed and think you can make them change their mind?

here is what you do.... when your contract is up.. move the hell out and find someplace that your cheap behind is more in agreement with. Understand this, if you sign an agreement, you willingly accept what the contract states. If you don't like it, why in the heck did you move in? Doesn't make any sense.. why complain about it if you signed it?

Old 05-15-2017, 04:55 PM

I live here in a 1 bdrm and I do not use much water at all. (No, I am not mentioning the way I go without).

It is not fair that I should pay for someone's long relaxing shower!!!

Something has to be done.

Old 05-15-2017, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man in SATX View Post
So lets get this right.

You signed a contract with a senior citizen complex that showed you would have to pay so much of a water bill based on a set rate. Now you are contesting the agreement you signed and think you can make them change their mind?

here is what you do.... when your contract is up.. move the hell out and find someplace that your cheap behind is more in agreement with. Understand this, if you sign an agreement, you willingly accept what the contract states. If you don't like it, why in the heck did you move in? Doesn't make any sense.. why complain about it if you signed it?
I signed a lease saying I pay a water bill, which is ok by me. I was never told how the water is billed. But yes I plan on moving out at the end of my lease because what they are doing is not fair!!!!

Old 05-15-2017, 05:08 PM

Quote:
I signed a lease saying I pay a water bill, which is ok by me. I was never told how the water is billed. But yes I plan on moving out at the end of my lease because what they are doing is not fair!!!!
Problem Solved ...

Wait till you find out how much your water bill if it just you only on an Individualized

Half to 3/4 of a low usage bill will be "Flat" charges that are there regardless of how much or low little water you use. Also they may have minimum usage of X thousands of gallons. You pay for 5,000 Gallons of water even if you only use 3,0000.

Old 05-15-2017, 08:28 PM

1,570 posts, read 1,380,209 times
Is Oklahoma experiencing a drought or something to require such severe conservation? If not, go take one of those long relaxing showers. From the sounds of things, you need some relaxation. Seriously though, if you're planning on moving anyway, you might try to find a place where they have water meters installed at each unit. That way you would only pay for what you actually use.

Old 05-15-2017, 08:41 PM

Domestic water usage, has almost no effect on a drought,

Something like 99.9% of the "inside" water used in quickly returned to the Environment, thru the sewer systems, and released back into the river, a few miles down stream from the water intakes, then miles down stream, that water is then sucked into the next city's Fresh water intakes, to be used again.

Old 05-15-2017, 09:09 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,237,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janellen View Post
... if you're planning on moving anyway, you might try to find a place where they have water meters installed at each unit. That way you would only pay for what you actually use.

Except that there's usually a minimum "base" that every customer pays, and if you don't water a lawn you may not have much to pay beyond the base charge. Our (2 of us) water usage last month was $6.50 for base (1K gallons) and 2.82 for extra usage (3K gallons). Our water prices just increased quite a bit due to a new 70-mile water line and some deep (10K'+) wells that cost ~$150 million. Water prices differ widely depending on where you live, but it's usually priced the same way, base usage plus usage over base.

OP, my guess is that your 1/3 of three units will be less than the base price if you had a separate meter. That would be very easy to check; just call your water utility office and ask what the base price is, i.e., the lowest price they charge for a minimal user.

Let us know what you find out.

Old 05-15-2017, 09:34 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times
Quote:
I live here in a 1 bdrm and I do not use much water at all. (No, I am not mentioning the way I go without).

It is not fair that I should pay for someone's long relaxing shower!!!

Something has to be done.
I know this is none of my business, but what difference does this make? For example, some condos fees include water & sewer. That doesn't mean if you use less, you get a credit. I've lived in places that include cable and internet. It doesn't mean you pay less if you don't own a TV set or a computer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
View detailed profiles of: