Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 09:23 AM

184 posts, read 796,927 times

Advertisements

Everyone probaly knows much of the California laws, and mostly they are pretty good. But i was wondering what laws they have in your state.

Smoking?
California.. pretty much no smoking anywhere except home. and i believe soon or now no smoking in the car with children.

Cell phones?
California.. July 1st 2008 no hand held phones for anyone except for help.

What are your state tax's

Jury duty?

Washing Cars?
California.. trying to vote on no more washing cars at home.

Trash?
California we have recycling cans. Trash/Green/recycling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2008, 11:30 AM

3,238 posts, read 8,791,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmasters View Post
Everyone probaly knows much of the California laws, and mostly they are pretty good. But i was wondering what laws they have in your state.

Smoking?
California.. pretty much no smoking anywhere except home. and i believe soon or now no smoking in the car with children.

Cell phones?

Jury duty?

Washing Cars?

Trash?
I haven't been in OK very long, but I can answer a couple of your questions. Right now restaurants have smoking sections. There is a bill trying to make all public buildings smoke free, but it hasn't passed yet.

I'm not aware of any restrictions on cell phones, but if I'm wrong about that, someone will correct me.

Oklahoma has a state income tax and sales tax. One disadvantage is sales tax on clothing (except for one day a year for school clothes), and groceries. A lot of the small towns depend on that revenue, so it's probably not likely the grocery sales tax will go away anytime soon.

I think jury duty is pretty much the same all over the country. In Canadian County where I live recycling is optional. In my town (Mustang) you bring your cardboard, paper and aluminum to the center if you want to recycle.

There are plenty of cheap car washes around, but I'm not aware of any restriction on car washing at home, and again if that is wrong, someone will correct me.

One of the reasons we chose OK to move to is because there aren't a whole lot of laws restricting your life.

Old 04-08-2008, 11:34 AM

46 posts, read 141,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colleeng47 View Post
One of the reasons we chose OK to move to is because there aren't a whole lot of laws restricting your life.
Amen, to that!

Old 04-08-2008, 11:43 AM

68 posts, read 203,643 times
Colleeng47,

Can I ask where you moved from?

The laws here in MA are getting worse all the time (also a big reason for leaving this state). I'm with you!

Old 04-08-2008, 11:43 AM

Thank You Colleen,
By the way i enjoyed your moving story, i hope you'll consider writing more in your life i believe you have it naturally

My husband has just been ask to give his opinion on how to save the company money, i said work on a plan to move them to Oklahoma!

All there other customers are moving to Oklahoma, 2 from Oregon this year already.

Old 04-08-2008, 11:48 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,987,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurrah View Post
Colleeng47,

Can I ask where you moved from?

The laws here in MA are getting worse all the time (also a big reason for leaving this state). I'm with you!
Schousse moved here from Mass four years ago. She says she would NEVER move back......just going back to visit her kids takes her two weeks to recover.

Old 04-08-2008, 11:49 AM

68 posts, read 203,643 times
Colleen, Just got your answer in the other thread! LOL thanks.

Schousse? Kindered spirits! thanks!

Old 04-08-2008, 12:15 PM

708 posts, read 688,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmasters View Post

Smoking?

Cell phones?

Jury duty?

Washing Cars?

Trash?
umm if i made add in..why would there be a law to wash your car at home! THATS SO STUPID!!!...ok i got that out...OK is way less restricted of what i heard. but i do hope in time soon that they will ban smoking in resturants

Old 04-08-2008, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali_Okie_Girl View Post
umm if i made add in..why would there be a law to wash your car at home! THATS SO STUPID!!!...ok i got that out...OK is way less restricted of what i heard. but i do hope in time soon that they will ban smoking in resturants
Aren't you suppose to be in school?

And it's no more washing your car at home, because the oil's that wash off drain off and go into the sewer.

Old 04-08-2008, 12:30 PM

708 posts, read 688,682 times
oh ok..i didnt know that. im in math class but we have a sub and she said were done for the day
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma