Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2010, 06:07 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,534,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiberius View Post
Interesting "chat" thread.. I just stopped by to say something about Miss Oklahoma from the Miss USA pageant.. I'm kind of surprised no one has mentioned her yet.. Well, miss Morgan Elizabeth Woolard, you are a stand up young lady .. and you didn't back down when they threw that curve ball at you.. I don't know about your fellow Okies .. but Montana and Arizona are real proud of you.. If you ever decide to head for a different state, you'd be MORE than welcome in either one..

earthbound? ... The former vice president's name is spelled Cheney..

tiberius
I'm proud of her regardless of her political views. There are too many other character traits to let one simple answer be the determining factor in whether or not I like someone. And no offense, I could care less if AZ or Montana are pumping their fists in the air over her answer. For all you know, she could have just as many conflicting POV's with the majority of both those states. Who cares.

I have great respect for mkfarnum and yet we are vastly different in our lives and POV's as two people can get.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2010, 05:23 PM

3,724 posts, read 9,322,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiberius View Post
Interesting "chat" thread.. I just stopped by to say something about Miss Oklahoma from the Miss USA pageant.. I'm kind of surprised no one has mentioned her yet.. Well, miss Morgan Elizabeth Woolard, you are a stand up young lady .. and you didn't back down when they threw that curve ball at you.. I don't know about your fellow Okies .. but Montana and Arizona are real proud of you.. If you ever decide to head for a different state, you'd be MORE than welcome in either one..

earthbound? ... The former vice president's name is spelled Cheney..

tiberius
What does her answer have to do with anything? It used to be HOW they responded to questions, not WHAT the response was.

The world - even just the USA - is full of people with different points of view on all kinds of things. I, personally, have friends on all sides of political, social, ethical, and religious fences, but generally speaking, if we like and enjoy what each has to offer, we agree to disagree on some things and agree on others. Makes life so much easier and more enjoyable, having friends instead of just a group to identify oneself with.

Old 05-19-2010, 05:50 PM

Agree. And I see what Tiberius is saying, that it is good she did not shy away from voicing her opinion on the subject and did not back down to be PC or whatever, and I applaud her for that too. I just don't like the media storm that seems to surround any event and blows it up out of proportion.

Anyone remember this young lady from a few years ago?

YouTube - Miss Teen USA South Carolina 2007 with Subtitles

Old 05-19-2010, 08:14 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,426,436 times
What she aid was only a matter of opinion.

Old 05-20-2010, 06:03 AM

Enough politics, they have threads for that. I am loving this weather. I bet we have had close to 50 tornadoes within this month. I found some more tornado damage on the west side of Seminole.

The pics I posted were from north of Seminole. We dodged both supercells last night. I hope everyone is safe and sane. And prayers go out to those who have suffered some damage or death from the storms.

Old 05-20-2010, 07:23 AM

19,723 posts, read 10,495,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
Enough politics, they have threads for that. I am loving this weather. I bet we have had close to 50 tornadoes within this month. I found some more tornado damage on the west side of Seminole.

The pics I posted were from north of Seminole. We dodged both supercells last night. I hope everyone is safe and sane. And prayers go out to those who have suffered some damage or death from the storms.
bolded: agreed.

Spring is kicking in my allergies, bigtime, this spring. I'm so tired of puffy eyes........

Old 05-20-2010, 07:38 AM

Quote:
...I am loving this weather....
Did I hear you say I could send my 4-legged crew to visit during the next round of boomers? They range from "Oboyoboy let's play in the rain!" to totally terrified of the smallest rumbles and hiding under the bed. Then when it stops, it's "let's all run out and play and get wet and muddy and come right back in and tell Mom how much fun it is." And a certain baby just loooves to drag throw rugs out and get them just right on the grass so she can catch the sun while staying dry. Grass is great for playing in, but when napping, one has to be comfortable.

Old 05-20-2010, 07:45 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,426,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karibear View Post
Did I hear you say I could send my 4-legged crew to visit during the next round of boomers? They range from "Oboyoboy let's play in the rain!" to totally terrified of the smallest rumbles and hiding under the bed. Then when it stops, it's "let's all run out and play and get wet and muddy and come right back in and tell Mom how much fun it is." And a certain baby just loooves to drag throw rugs out and get them just right on the grass so she can catch the sun while staying dry.
Quote:
Grass is great for playing in
, but when napping, one has to be comfortable.
When the snakes aren't out playin' in it.

Old 05-20-2010, 10:38 AM

Parts of my lawn are a foot tall. And the garden is looking pretty soggy right now. Hopefully, the next few days will dry it out.

Old 05-20-2010, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Parts of my lawn are a foot tall. And the garden is looking pretty soggy right now. Hopefully, the next few days will dry it out.
I've been thinking about rabbits in a moveable enclosure. Rabbits eat grass, and they aren't livestock, are they? Anyway, I looked on craigslist, and the ones I'd like are 50,00 - 70.00 each! Not gonna do that, no way. There don't seem to be any around here, anyway. Closest (and most expensive) are in Purcell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma