Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 01:07 PM

491 posts, read 1,476,218 times

Advertisements

So this is Calf Fry weekend. If you don't know what Calf Fry is, it's a 4-day outdoor music festival that happens every year in Stillwater the week before finals. It's craziness and there are thousands of people.

Anyway, it's been raining buckets here the last few days so it's muddy everywhere. So me and my sister were headed out there last night but we got tired of waitin in a line of cars to get to the parking lot. Me bein the smart one that I am decided to pull a u-turn in the middle of the road and park somewhere else. Well, I had to go through a very shallow ditch to get turned around. Yep, you guessed it. I buried her up to the axles. So, we are sitting there burnin rubber, blocking the road and trying to figure out what to do when I heard an exchange between a guy walking by and his friend.

Guy #1: Dude, do you think we should help them get that pickup out?
Guy #2: Heck no. We'll get all muddy. He shoulda known not to drive off in that.
Guy #1: Wait, I think it's a chick driving.
Guy #2: Oh, man it's two chicks.
Me: Yeah, it's two chicks! We need help!

As soon as I said that, a SWARM of guys surrounded my pickup. About six jumped on my bumper to weigh it down and about 10 got around the front and pushed. It was crazy. No one even said anything, they just knew what to do and it took about 10 seconds and we were free.

Okay, fast forward about 3 hours and lots of vodka. I need to go to the bathroom BAD but there's a LONG line for the porta-potties. So, I decided to do what I do every year and go BEHIND the potties. So, my sister and I are walking. We are both wearing boots and jean skirts. The mud suctions one of my boots and I fall forward into the mud. My sister starts laughing but then immediately the same thing happens to her. Then, we can't stop laughing because we are covered in mud and stuck bigger than Dallas. Guess what...about five guys just came right over and picked us up and sent us on our way.

I LOVE OKLAHOMA BOYS!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2009, 01:44 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,144,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherDawn View Post
So this is Calf Fry weekend. If you don't know what Calf Fry is, it's a 4-day outdoor music festival that happens every year in Stillwater the week before finals. It's craziness and there are thousands of people.

Anyway, it's been raining buckets here the last few days so it's muddy everywhere. So me and my sister were headed out there last night but we got tired of waitin in a line of cars to get to the parking lot. Me bein the smart one that I am decided to pull a u-turn in the middle of the road and park somewhere else. Well, I had to go through a very shallow ditch to get turned around. Yep, you guessed it. I buried her up to the axles. So, we are sitting there burnin rubber, blocking the road and trying to figure out what to do when I heard an exchange between a guy walking by and his friend.

Guy #2: Heck no. We'll get all muddy. He shoulda known not to drive off in that.

As soon as I said that, a SWARM of guys surrounded my pickup. About six jumped on my bumper to weigh it down and about 10 got around the front and pushed. It was crazy. No one even said anything, they just knew what to do and it took about 10 seconds and we were free.

Okay, fast forward about 3 hours and lots of vodka. I need to go to the bathroom BAD but there's a LONG line for the porta-potties. So, I decided to do what I do every year and go BEHIND the potties. So, my sister and I are walking. We are both wearing boots and jean skirts. The mud suctions one of my boots and I fall forward into the mud. My sister starts laughing but then immediately the same thing happens to her. Then, we can't stop laughing because we are covered in mud and stuck bigger than Dallas. Guess what...about five guys just came right over and picked us up and sent us on our way.

I LOVE OKLAHOMA BOYS!
Dadgum girl, after all that and you didn't even get a name or telephone number . Them boys all brawn and no brains out there, good lookin gal like you and they didn't even ask you for a date. What? They gonna wait for ya to take a bath after all that mud, then ask?

Old 05-01-2009, 09:41 PM

297 posts, read 586,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherDawn View Post

I LOVE OKLAHOMA BOYS!
Now I REAAAALLY cain't wait to get down there!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeabeeBolt View Post
Dadgum girl, after all that and you didn't even get a name or telephone number . Them boys all brawn and no brains out there, good lookin gal like you and they didn't even ask you for a date. What? They gonna wait for ya to take a bath after all that mud, then ask?

HAHAHA!!! My experience with Oklahoma boys (well, I should say boy) has been just that (part I bolded). I'm trying not to judge 'em all by that one guy cuz that wouldn't be fair. I have to say though, his accent made up for all the crap.... when he got around to calling... It was bad, I'd forget what all I was mad about

Old 05-02-2009, 10:34 AM

3,238 posts, read 8,790,523 times
It took a while for Anna to get used to boys opening doors, paying for movies, and generally being the way boys used to be back in the day. And some of the smartest kids I've ever met are among her group of friends. I have to admit (gulp) I was a little surprised.

Old 05-04-2009, 08:49 AM

551 posts, read 1,924,903 times
Hey, on the bright side...at least you didn't pee yourself when you fell in the mud and started laughing. You might not wanna associate with dem dere Okie boys who would come runnin' to help. Or is that why you didn't get any numbers?

Old 05-04-2009, 09:03 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,985,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colleeng47 View Post
It took a while for Anna to get used to boys opening doors,..........
You do realize that by opening doors for the lady, you frequently get a really nice view of a well shaped rear end?

Old 05-04-2009, 09:38 AM

3,238 posts, read 8,790,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
You do realize that by opening doors for the lady, you frequently get a really nice view of a well shaped rear end?
GP, you never change. But that's good.

Old 05-04-2009, 11:10 AM

491 posts, read 1,476,218 times
I don't know why I didn't get any numbers. I guess I didn't really feel so confident since I was being saved from being a jackass both times! LOL Besides, most of the guys there are too young for me.

Old 05-05-2009, 06:59 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,144,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
Good one GP, I like your way of thinking .

Old 05-10-2009, 09:05 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
But don't some women claim to have eyes in the back of their head?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma