Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 02:07 PM

817 posts, read 1,770,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
Nice try, but as I said before that is not proof of any kind and just shows your mental deficiencies! Repeating something dose not make it true! What you have posted is your opinion and I asked for FACTS, for proof.

I am arguing with a 3 year old here!

Quote:
I also feel you have a personal right to hold whatever opinion you want. It's just when you turn that opinion into law that we disagree.
Nice parrot imitation. But the fact remains I have facts to backup my opinion. You however, just opinion.

Quote:
You've got evidence that some folks are born with certain tendencies. There are also people that are born with pedophile tendencies...but as I've pointed out already, none of us are willing to use THAT science to declare a new form of marriage for anyone.
And again with the pedophilia, you just won't drop it even though YOU have asked others to not bring it up. I say take your own advice. Also you have NEVER provided any evidence that people are born pedophiles, so your point is moot!

Quote:
You have prior decisions, as society and the legal system grows increasingly liberal, that's going to happen. But is something right simply because it's legal? Remember how black people used to be second-class citizens? You're as much a bigot as anyone else. Frankly, it bothers me to be compared to you. I'm ok with you disagreeing with me. You can't grant me the same courtesy?
Yes blacks use to be second class citizens and denied many rights by people, like you, who just knew they were right. Somehow the thought of drinking from the same fountain or sitting at the same table infringed on their rights. Much as with the gay marriage argument. We have a group of people being denied a right that if allowed that right would not negatively impact society in any way.

Again, you need to be schooled in the definition of a word!

"bigot
noun
a person who is utterly intolerant of any differing creed, belief, or opinion. "

As I have already said I am fine with you holding whatever belief you want, just don't force that belief on others. As such that means in this case I am not a bigot! You however fit this definition to a T! You are intolerant to the extreme.

Now I KNOW your going to say I am forcing my belief onto heterosexual couples, but that's not true as it would not affect them in any way. They could get married just as before. all this is is opening up marriage to more people
Quote:
I presume you mean the Bible by this comment. I haven't used the Bible as my justification for why I don't believe we should allow same-gender marriage. But feel free to throw that strawman out there...I'm sure it will get a lot of traction with those on the board that aren't interested in truth anyway.
You don't have to mention the bible directly, you have made it clear that your religion is why you feel this way, and as the bible is the book of your religion it is the source of your beliefs.

Old 09-27-2011, 02:15 PM

817 posts, read 1,770,131 times
Quote:
I'm comparing the stupid argument that they are "born that way" with the same argument that sexual deviants use.
Hey Einstein, it's already been pointed out to you multiple times that one has basically been proven to be true. As for the other, anyone can claim anything they want, it dose not make it so and it clearly dose not diminish any other similar claims that have scientific facts backing them up.

The fact you don't want to accept what amounts to scientific fact is not our problem, but yours.

Now to burst your bubble. I am not saying Homosexuality is similar to pedophilia. I am saying the argument pedophiles use (according to you, I have never head of it) is similar to one that has scientific facts backing it up for homosexuals.

Old 09-27-2011, 03:38 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,387,159 times
Quote:
I'm comparing the stupid argument that they are "born that way" with the same argument that sexual deviants use.

I've not suggested we criminalize gays. You are flat out lying about what I have to say and I find that to be intolerant and bigoted. I expect that from the politically correct thought police nazis, though.
You do realise that you were born that way too? Heterosexual I mean.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha