Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 06:53 AM

2,729 posts, read 5,379,241 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphael07 View Post
Property tax only goes to fund schools, nothing else. Furthermore, I would argue that the American prison system is broken as is, and you're ideas would break it further.
Whoa, whoa, whoa... Maybe Omaha does things, but in every other municipality in the country that statement simply is NOT true!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2012, 07:29 AM

14,569 posts, read 23,098,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mort Sullivan View Post
So you children think we need to raise property taxes in Omaha?
Yes. I'd like to see them set about halfway between what they were before Suttle took office and the pre-Hal Daub rates.

Quote:
Why?
Do you like good roads? A working fleet of snow plows and police cruisers? Fully staffed city government? Our current tax rates make this hard to do.

Quote:
So we can run off even MORE businesses? We've already got major businesses moving, due to the $1.7 billion sewer project.
Name one.

Quote:
How much more do we expect them to take?
We have some of the most business friendly tax rates in the nation. We can scale that back some and still be a VERY attractive place for business.

Quote:
And do some actual fact checking about the QWest Center and AmeritradePark. You were lied to! They're both making money, but allocating it in such a way that they show a loss, and the property tax payers of Omaha end up paying for it. STUPID.
You need to do your own fact checking. This is completely false, and I have a thread in this forum that talks about TDA Park being profitable.

Quote:
We need new leadership in Omaha, or it's going to go the route of Detroit. Congratulations.
Hahaha, right.

So tell me again, what's your plan if elected to office?

Old 11-30-2012, 08:36 AM

3,340 posts, read 9,698,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big George View Post
Whoa, whoa, whoa... Maybe Omaha does things, but in every other municipality in the country that statement simply is NOT true!

Le whoops. My mistake. Curse you, misinformation.

Old 11-30-2012, 04:18 PM

Welch and Nabity finally have campaign websites up.

Old 11-30-2012, 05:18 PM

147 posts, read 259,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Welch and Nabity finally have campaign websites up.
Why you in love with Nabity?

Old 11-30-2012, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mort Sullivan View Post
Why you in love with Nabity?
I despise Dave Nabity.

Old 01-15-2013, 09:53 PM

605 posts, read 1,199,885 times
I am all for voting for Jim Suttle, he is the best candidate by far. He is the only candidate with mayoral experience for one thing. Jean Stothert has bungled things through and through like the Fire Contract, she is also a Tea Party nut, and never has a clear alternative beyond her no to everything. Nabity is a nut, Dan Welch was on the Council, we are still cleaning up after him, and Ashford, well, what did he do in the Unicameral again? I forgot.

Old 01-16-2013, 11:16 AM

3,098 posts, read 7,553,100 times
Ashford is known not to have a backbone.

I know folks who work with him and he only goes with popular opinion and whatever the elites want him to think. (i.e. he is known to flip-flop on issues)

and Nabity has no chance of winning. a lot of republicans and some democrats and independents who dont like Suttle want him to drop out.

Nabity is being refered to as dead-weight in the mayor's race.

btw: people are running from what I heard against the incumbents in Districts 1 and 4 and 7

district 5 is being vacated by Stothert (who is running for mayor)

yet, no one is running for Gray or Jerram or Thompson 's seats yet from what I have heard. Thompson needs to go.

He is puppet/enabler of the Dominionist Omaha Hub and Lifegate Church of Omaha machine.

Thompson basically is a shill for them. same thing with John Kniceley at channel 6 (another member of the dubious Lifegate "Church" in Papillion and west omaha)

(unrelated note: why is the Omaha Hub keep brining in people from a IHOP like cult called Bethel Church in Redding California to speak at their church

I thought Lifegate "Church" and the Omaha HUB and their friends at the Nebraska Heritage Coalition were always was about Omaha first. something seems off about that.

Old 01-16-2013, 03:11 PM

66 posts, read 102,593 times
Mostly they do that to get a rise out of you since no one else cares. Report that one of them is a Scientologist exec and we'll be all over that though.

Old 01-17-2013, 06:46 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,221,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
I would support Suttle again. Despite some initial hiccups, he's proven to be an effective leader who has quickly corrected Omaha's budget woes. I don't see anyone out there being able to beat him at this point.
LOL...he fell backwards into a miracle cure with the restaurant tax. Not a lot he really did to fix it...he just got lucky.

He's had plenty of miscues prior to and after that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha