Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 08:32 AM

8,292 posts, read 26,693,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
it is difficult to believe the insane acts of violence. nebraska it always seemed to me the centre of the heartland.
in my own short lifetime all this has occurred. you can trace the runaway violence directly to
the justice system. self defense has been outlawed. personal injury law suits while commiting a crime should have never been allowed in our court system. those that defend themselves are usually punished in criminal or civil court after an expensive legal battle, the sky is crying. the law has become itself an evil. all those attacking the community would have been shot dead b4 they ever were arrested 50 years ago. civil rights have become uncivil evil.
Actually, it's not that simple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2010, 08:36 AM

152 posts, read 365,136 times
"One little- two little - three little gangbangers,
four little - five little - six little gangbangers ...."

Old 05-10-2010, 03:12 PM

380 posts, read 1,001,113 times
I DO NOT object to civilians protecting themselves! James McCullough is a hero in my book. I just think that it is a terrible shame that he had to take someone's life. He was justified and I hope he will do it again if necessary! My point of the thread is that every time I turn on the news there is another shooting. The gun violence seems terrible lately. "Omahahonors" had a good point. With the population going up, I suppose nothing has changed. It just seems worse than I recall. I just wish everyone could get along! I worked for COX as a residential tech for 4 years and had guns and knives pulled on me because people didn't want their services shut off for lack of payment. I couldn't believe that someone was willing to take my life simply because I was sent there to shut his cable off. :-(
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]

Old 05-10-2010, 07:53 PM

8 posts, read 38,184 times
Ha! If you think Omaha is bad you should spend some time in St. Louis! Personally I can't wait to get out of here and settle into my new house in Papillion.

Old 05-11-2010, 08:10 AM

1,048 posts, read 2,471,856 times
From St. Louis to Papillion. Wow. Which part of St. Louis?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha