Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 09:25 PM

335 posts, read 974,608 times

Advertisements

Any recommendations for nice towns in Orange County with a reasonable weekday commute to Riverside, CA during normal rush hour times in the morning and evenings?

I am considering a promising job opportunity in the city of Riverside. I would be moving from NJ.

Any helpful insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by knicksin8; 12-04-2013 at 09:51 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2013, 09:27 PM

1,420 posts, read 3,184,378 times
Check out sigalert.com during your expected commute times. Also google maps traffic, trafficpredict.com and google maps traffic at time and day.

Old 12-04-2013, 10:02 PM

341 posts, read 708,446 times
Luckily you will be "going against traffic." The three sweetest words in commuter-ville. So the answer is easy. Choose the city/town furthest due east within the county of Orange. Ie. Yorba Linda

Old 12-05-2013, 08:04 AM

335 posts, read 974,608 times
Would a daily weekday commute to & from the areas of Irvine/Tustin/or Orange to Riverside be
unrealistic or not practical?

Old 12-05-2013, 09:27 AM

1,420 posts, read 3,184,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knicksin8 View Post
Would a daily weekday commute to & from the areas of Irvine/Tustin/or Orange to Riverside be
It is realistic but it isn't practical either. Why do it?

Old 12-05-2013, 10:15 AM

542 posts, read 1,548,695 times
I know someone who lives in Yorba Linda, and his wife commutes to Riverside every day. From what he said, her commute isn't too bad, since, as someone else pointed out, she's going against traffic.

I think Anaheim Hills, Villa Park (if you have the money), the north or east part of Orange, and perhaps even into Placentia/Brea/east Fullerton might be doable. Irvine and Tustin would be too far, in my opinion. As someone stated, check the traffic out on some websites to estimate commute times, and decide what you're willing to live with.

Old 12-05-2013, 11:53 AM

1,083 posts, read 2,170,031 times
Quote:
There are parts of Tustin/Irvine that would be doable if you were willing to take the toll roads. Yorba Linda and Anaheim Hills would probably be the more convenient options. Parts of Orange could work out too. You may also want to consider Rancho Cucamonga, Corona and Riverside.

Old 12-05-2013, 04:34 PM

542 posts, read 1,548,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Van Fossen View Post
You may also want to consider Rancho Cucamonga, Corona and Riverside.
Yes, not sure why the OP wants to live in OC, perhaps they can clarify. There are some great areas in the IE.

Old 12-05-2013, 05:26 PM

1,962 posts, read 4,483,350 times
Quote:
Any recommendations for nice towns in Orange County with a reasonable weekday commute to Riverside, CA during normal rush hour times in the morning and evenings?

I am considering a promising job opportunity in the city of Riverside. I would be moving from NJ.

Any helpful insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
OC to Riverside is more than doable, but why not just live in Riverside or Corona? It'll save your commute. Riverside is over 300,000 people and thus a "real city" so why not?

Old 12-07-2013, 10:47 AM

9 posts, read 15,591 times
I think Anaheim Hills is your best bet. I used to commute to Anaheim Hills from Irvine, taking the 55 to 91E. That commute was very much traffic free and took me a mile a minute (so 20 minutes). I think commuting from Irvine to Riverside is a bit of a stretch as you are looking at about 45 minutes to an hour. When I worked in Anaheim Hills, we had a lot of people commuting from Riverside to Anaheim Hills...and that's going with traffic so the opposite is totally doable (20-25 minutes maybe?).

I could understand not wanting to live in Riverside. Anaheim Hills puts you right in the middle of the work commute, and areas like Orange, Irvine, Tustin, Costa Mesa, and the beach cities like Newport Beach/Corona Del Mar. I can never think of a reason why I'd want to hang out in Riverside/Corona, Chino etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County