Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2014, 09:35 PM

1 posts, read 1,827 times

Advertisements

Looking to visit Laguna Beach among other CA cities this year.

Have heard the crowds are beyond terrible during the summer. Any suggestions on the best time to visit?

I am really looking to avoid large crowds. I realize Laguna is a tourist destination, and they like me, will always be there, but there has to be a time when are not.

If winter is the best, does it only get chilly at night?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2014, 01:55 PM

14,327 posts, read 11,724,157 times
Right now! After Labor Day the crowds go way, way down and the weather is still beautiful. October is iffy. It may still be hot or it may be cooling down. Are you asking about weather because you want to swim? The ocean is cold all the time and really cold from November to June. You might hit a heat wave, but you can't count on it. As for nights, even in the summer, nights are generally breezy and cool (low 60s)--in the winter, it gets down into the 40s.

On the other hand, if you just want to stroll along the beach and visit the shops then almost any time of year is good as long as it isn't actually raining.

By the way, I was at Laguna Beach on Labor Day and it was ridiculously crowded. We went to South Crescent Bay, which is a small cove, and it didn't help that the tide was high and the part of the beach that wasn't wet was about ten feet wide. People were packed in like sardines. I would never have picked Labor Day to visit Laguna, but we had relatives visiting from Germany who would be leaving the next day, and they wanted to go. I just couldn't help thinking how gloriously empty that beach would be just a few days later.

Last edited by saibot; 09-06-2014 at 02:07 PM..

Old 09-06-2014, 02:04 PM

3,890 posts, read 4,546,929 times
Between now (I believe most kids are back in school) and late October before daylight savings time ends so you have more "day" to enjoy.
Also plan on visiting during the week instead of the weekend as a general rule.
This BTW, applies to most tourist spots... including beaches, Disneyland etc.
Enjoy!

Old 09-10-2014, 08:48 PM

2,412 posts, read 2,476,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalposterr View Post
Looking to visit Laguna Beach among other CA cities this year.

Have heard the crowds are beyond terrible during the summer. Any suggestions on the best time to visit?

I am really looking to avoid large crowds. I realize Laguna is a tourist destination, and they like me, will always be there, but there has to be a time when are not.

If winter is the best, does it only get chilly at night?
after Labor day, crowds drop, but beach is still busy.

winter is not good to swim sea temps in 60s, temps in Laguna are usually 60s and 70s at day, and 40s and 50s at night.

beach weather is perfect in september. usually hottest time of year in the beaches, this next week will be in 90s (summer temps average 80s) so if you have time it would be a great time to go, nights in summer are great in 60s and 70s. The ocean in summer is quite warm in the 70s, its been mid 70s all summer long this year, 76 F a week ago that i went. heat extends all the way as early November, and then beach weather starts again in April.

Old 09-12-2014, 04:42 PM

1,640 posts, read 2,659,230 times
September--after Labor Day--is the best time of the year to visit Laguna. San Diego, too. Warmest water/air temps of the year, virtually no marine layer, fewer people/no major crowds, less traffic, easier parking, etc.

Wait until October to take that day trip to the wineries in Temecula, however.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County