Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2019, 10:25 AM

12,773 posts, read 14,974,016 times

Advertisements

I'm going this weekend (just 1 day) & I need ideas OTHER THAN the beach, walking in those shops & art galleries along Pacific Coast Hwy, & the Sawdust Festival they have in summer & winter. TIA!
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2019, 10:31 AM

14,302 posts, read 11,692,440 times
Well, there isn't a lot to Laguna Beach except the beach, the shops, the art galleries, and the festivals. Why are you going to Laguna Beach anyway? If you're just going to be killing time and you're bored with Laguna, maybe you could spend the day in a nearby city you haven't visited before. Newport Beach, San Juan Capistrano? Hike in one of the wilderness parks such as Aliso & Wood Canyon, or get on a whale-watching boat in Dana Point.

Old 04-16-2019, 10:53 AM

3,271 posts, read 3,930,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
I'm going this weekend (just 1 day) & I need ideas OTHER THAN the beach, walking in those shops & art galleries along Pacific Coast Hwy, & the Sawdust Festival they have in summer & winter. TIA!
Umm, that's pretty much all there is to do in Laguna Beach.

Old 04-16-2019, 12:30 PM

^ OK, thanks a lot, guys! I was afraid of there not being much other than what I know. I spend a few hrs in that city every once in a while just for a change of scenery & always do the same thing, so was wondering if there was more to the city.

My SO wants to go to the beach there & I wanted to walk around to some interesting areas, shop, etc. So far the itinerary is (going far 1st, then stopping by other places on the way back):

- beach in the morning 8am or so & we'll bring a picnic lunch
- walk around those shops across the street from the beach
- I guess go to Irvine Spectrum
- swing by the grocery store, Bristol Farms on the way home

I guess that's it?

Old 04-16-2019, 12:35 PM

83 posts, read 67,570 times
I like to look at open houses/real estate when visiting areas. The Ritz is a nice visit too.

Old 04-16-2019, 01:20 PM

3,271 posts, read 3,930,978 times
Come out to the shooting range with us. On Thursday we shoot pistols in Huntington Beach, and on Friday we shoot shotguns in Corona.

Old 04-16-2019, 01:25 PM

4,321 posts, read 6,281,603 times
Go up to Newport Coast to get some great Mexican food and people watching (e.g., real housewives of OC) at Javier's.

Old 04-16-2019, 02:10 PM

252 posts, read 422,726 times
Going out shooting sounds pretty good to me. Way over wandering the shops at Laguna .
Confession time, I do not shop, And not much into laying about . Kind of more into
active and fun lifestyles.

Also mabe going for a hike inland or along the beach at Crystal Cove. North of Laguna, just a bit.

A little further south, Walk thru Dana Point Harbor Marina, have lunch at one of the many marina restaurants
Wander along the docks checking out the boats. Yep, and the harbor has some shops, and also
bbq and picnic areas.

Maybe check out the Ocean Institute, get some photos of the tall ships docked near by, or do a whale and dolphin fun out on the ocean boat trip, at Dana Point as well.

If the saw dust festival or the pageant of the masters was on, that would be a good thing to attend in Laguna.

San Juan Capistrano is also a fave. There is a really neat pottery and gift and household shop, on the other side of the
rail road tracks. Luis , the owner is a marvelous human being. ( this is the only place I go with Erica that is a shop )
We also like El Adobe Mexican restaurant for great food, service, and atmosphere. Plus Le Herondelle ( Swallow ) and Cedar Creek for date night dinners.

Plus yu can tour the old mission, and just stroll along the diverse culture shops .

You can mix and match a day or two, and experience different things.

Actually, to begin the day out at the pistol range would be a fun start to the day. Branch out from there.

Old 04-16-2019, 03:42 PM

Thanks guys. I personally can't stand the beach really...too hot & boring, but my SO (significant other) loves it, so we go every once in a while. If I actually liked it, we'd probably go to the beach almost every other weekend if it was up to my SO!

I've been to Dana Point a couple of times long ago, it's nice too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysr_racer View Post
Come out to the shooting range with us. On Thursday we shoot pistols in Huntington Beach, and on Friday we shoot shotguns in Corona.
Thanks for the offer, ha! I've only gone to a shooting range once in my life. It was kind of fun.

Old 04-16-2019, 04:00 PM

1,424 posts, read 1,638,493 times
What about getting in an early top of the world hike?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County