Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2012, 09:09 PM

381 posts, read 1,016,528 times

Advertisements

Still in Rockaway Beach, but I gotta tell you... there is one building owner/landlord in this town who is a total flake.

Learned a couple of things along the way...

1) always have full lease signed, and never trust a landlord's word, signing a month-to-month thinking you have a year or two.

2) just because a building has an awesome view and is less than two years old, does not mean that the place isn't substandard (the elevators are prone to sticking, trapping the occupants inside... oh, and the stair steps tend to randomly fall off. No, I mean literally fall off. I have a meeting with the county building inspector's office this week about it.)

3) just because a house is not touching sand and in salt spray doesn't mean it's a lesser place (my new place is far larger, more comfortable, has very friendly neighbors, is nestled next to a lake, and oh yeah... costs approximately $300 per month less than I was paying previously).

4) There is a local rental agent out here in this part of Tillamook County that simply rocks: tcroman Home Page - goes well out of his way for his customers, especially on short notice. Not being compensated at all for posting the link - he was just that awesome for us.

5) Even though I ultimately didn't rent the other places I viewed, there are a couple of private owners of them who are extremely friendly out here (one even came up and said hello as I was moving in, even though I didn't rent his place up the street).

6) the whole experience showed me that in spite of one flaky landlord, the rest of this town has some pretty awesome people living in it, and I am more confident than ever that I made the right decision in choosing this town as my new home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
View detailed profiles of: