Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2015, 10:55 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,512,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowink View Post
Thanks, It is awfully nice of you to pour salt on my wound. I don't know why anyone would respond to a thread for a house swap, when he has no intention to swap his house. I'm not asking for anyone to point out my faults, friend. I am looking for an avenue to help ME with my problem. For you to shake your finger doesn't show me any kind of respect. You act as if you have never turned the wrong direction, or picked the
wrong lane on a busy street.
I don't believe it was a mistake. I needed to be where I am, when I came here. My son was here and we needed the bond. He has since divorced and wants to relocate. My wife does too. I am looking for a way, like any other man would. Because my home is more than you would pay for means nothing. Some people drive Hyundai's others drive BMW"s. You choose your pleasure. Don't try to Bully me.
I simply stated that if you are having a hard time selling your property, that it is overpriced. You then jumped on me. I responded. Since then, there have been several other responses, and it's odd that you are now quoting an old post, in order to bump your thread, I guess.

The thing is, buyers don't care why your house is priced the way it is. That's the part you aren't acknowledging. We all get why you spend the money you did on this house, where it is. But, that doesn't make it easy to sell, at the price you want.

And I do, sincerely, hope you are able to sell it or trade it, for a deal that makes you happy. And I sincerely wish you good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2015, 12:54 PM

32,658 posts, read 48,053,996 times
Quote:
........... I don't know why anyone would respond to a thread for a house swap, when he has no intention to swap his house. .............
Why? Because you've posted your gripe about your house that won't sell in a discussion forum. You did not post it in a real estate for sale or trade classified ad section, nor on a real estate for sale website. If you post on a discussion forum, your post is going to be discussed, whether that pleases you or not.

Old 10-14-2015, 03:32 PM

158 posts, read 517,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Why? Because you've posted your gripe about your house that won't sell in a discussion forum. You did not post it in a real estate for sale or trade classified ad section, nor on a real estate for sale website. If you post on a discussion forum, your post is going to be discussed, whether that pleases you or not.
That be the case, How do I delete this thred? This is not the information I want, or wanted.

Old 10-16-2015, 03:21 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,032,050 times
Quote:
That be the case, How do I delete this thred? This is not the information I want, or wanted.
You can't delete it. Ask a moderator to close it.

But first here is your problem. As has been pointed out, you posted this in the wrong place. Why would anyone on an Oregon forum, who already owns a house in one of the most beautiful states in the country, want to trade their beautiful home for your overbuilt whatever on the dirt?

You have already been told what you need to do. Lower the price and take a loss. Believe it or not, people here are trying to help you. Shooting the messenger is not going to solve your problem.

Last edited by KaaBoom; 10-16-2015 at 03:37 PM..

Old 10-16-2015, 04:39 PM

2,318 posts, read 4,625,785 times
I don't know... I think Slowink was going for a shot in the dark, on the off chance that one of the few dozen (if that many) folks that are from GP that read these threads might take him up on it. No harm in trying, and no use in kicking a man when he's down.

Slowink, I hope you can get close to what you want, or feel comfortable waiting out the market. Just don't spend too much time waiting. Family's more important than money.

Old 01-05-2016, 07:23 PM

Moderator.... Please delete these posts, they are not what I am looking for. Slowink

Old 09-05-2016, 07:14 PM

When a man goes fishing, he has no idea if the bait he's using will catch a fish or not, But it is for certain that if he uses no bait at all he has no chance at all. My Momma told me if you don't ask, you can't expect to get. I'm just trying for the unlikely. If it produces a lead, or a if just arouses a bit of curiosity I'm two steps ahead of where I was before I started.

I spent the last three months in Oregon and Washington, I seen a lot of beautiful country and I seen some ugly. I have a beautiful place here with almost three acres and a spectacular hexagon home made from steel and foam. I've decided to keep it. I'll come and visit the wetlands of Oregon and Washington, but I find much more good here than iluded to by some of the posters on this site. May you all have good lives.

Old 02-11-2018, 12:06 PM

Wink Got er done.

FYI;
For anyone inquisitive about the end results on the house in Arizona. We are in closing. We changed realtors four times before opting for one out of territory who advertises out of state. We have since had four people walk through and two were very interested one decided to purchase.
So for the person that said the price was too high--- wrong we need the right person to see it. Again being negative does not get the job done. You just need to believe.

Old 02-11-2018, 12:49 PM

1,620 posts, read 2,300,984 times
Quote:
FYI;
For anyone inquisitive about the end results on the house in Arizona. We are in closing. We changed realtors four times before opting for one out of territory who advertises out of state. We have since had four people walk through and two were very interested one decided to purchase.
So for the person that said the price was too high--- wrong we need the right person to see it. Again being negative does not get the job done. You just need to believe.
Fantastic! Congratulations! Are you still planning to move to Grants Pass?

Old 02-21-2018, 06:11 PM

We will be headed in that basic direction. The prices have since skyrocketed and I do not feel they are worth the prices asked. So we probably will be moving somewhat North or Grants Pass.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon