Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2019, 05:13 PM

15,487 posts, read 9,167,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxMIKEpdx View Post
September is my favorite month, however this September is more like October.
I agree, it feels more like October here on the coast too. I have already had to turn the heat on for a short time this morning, for the second time this month. I don't ever remember doing that in September. My heat bill will probably be expensive this year, if this is an indication of what is to come.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2019, 05:48 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,731,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dottie55 View Post
Yes, I am enjoying this rainy weather. We need rain. I love the cooler weather. It is a wonderful unexpected gift. My sister visited from California and really enjoyed this rain too. I hope it means a wet Fall and beyond.
I expect we will get some dry weather yet. The big autumn storms don't start sweeping in off the Pacific until November. I have an October coast trip planned, and may hit absolutely beautiful dry, clear weather. It's the calm before the storm. Or it might rain.

Old 09-18-2019, 07:57 PM

218 posts, read 246,506 times
As I was told several years ago "If you don't like the weather, wait 15 minutes". But I'm lovin' the rain, hope for a heavy snow year.

Old 09-18-2019, 08:05 PM

330 posts, read 430,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Z View Post
As I was told several years ago "If you don't like the weather, wait 15 minutes". But I'm lovin' the rain, hope for a heavy snow year.
so far I have heard people say that every single place I have lived. Minnesota, Colorado, Nebraska, Nevada and Oregon.

I suppose it might not be true somewhere...Hawaii?

Old 09-18-2019, 08:58 PM

4,828 posts, read 7,470,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
I expect we will get some dry weather yet. The big autumn storms don't start sweeping in off the Pacific until November. I have an October coast trip planned, and may hit absolutely beautiful dry, clear weather. It's the calm before the storm. Or it might rain.
The way things are going so far, I would plan for the worst.
Every long range winter forecast I have read says a warm dry winter though.
Maybe we are just getting it early.

Old 09-19-2019, 03:23 AM

15,487 posts, read 9,167,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieLovesSun View Post
so far I have heard people say that every single place I have lived. Minnesota, Colorado, Nebraska, Nevada and Oregon.

I suppose it might not be true somewhere...Hawaii?
I have heard that too a lot. It's obviously an exaggeration, but I would say it's most true in Oregon and Nevada (except for Las Vegas). The weather on the West Coast does seem to come in waves. Minnesota, Colorado, Nebraska, not so much. In those states it can get cold or hot, and stay that way for a very long time.

Old 09-19-2019, 06:54 AM

Quote:
The pot crop too. Mildew is always a problem, and this year will be bad for it. I have a friend who grows her own, and she has been out every morning with a leaf blower, drying her plants off to prevent mildew. Labor costs on the commercial farms are going through the roof. There's no word yet on the effect of cool weather on potency. If October is dry, it may not matter.
To me thats good news, too much pot being grown anyways. I like the Idea of using the fiber and there are some other valid uses, but not as a party drug or a substitute for proper medical care. Legalizing it didn't solve any problems it made more problems, albeit different problems. And the illegal growers are still at it as well as the Cartels.

I prefer to grow vegatables, safe legal and healthy.

Old 09-19-2019, 07:02 AM

6,830 posts, read 3,234,230 times
Quote:

Nice dry snow would be a nice change for this year. Wet snow seems to be pretty destructive.

Old 09-19-2019, 07:42 AM

15,293 posts, read 17,731,011 times
Quote:
To me thats good news, too much pot being grown anyways. I like the Idea of using the fiber and there are some other valid uses, but not as a party drug or a substitute for proper medical care. Legalizing it didn't solve any problems it made more problems, albeit different problems. And the illegal growers are still at it as well as the Cartels.

I prefer to grow vegatables, safe legal and healthy.
I don't know any illegal growers or cartels. My friends tend to be law abiding.

Old 09-19-2019, 02:11 PM

Quote:
I don't know any illegal growers or cartels. My friends tend to be law abiding.

Well they keep busting illegal growers, several in S. Oregon in the last month or so. It also gave the cartels a stronger foothold, how many legal growers are working for them? BTW I don't want any friends who break the law, if their breaking the law they ain't my friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon