Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2010, 08:36 PM

7 posts, read 23,446 times

Advertisements

Hi,

for those that know Orlando well, can you please share your knowledge on these areas and in particular sheare your knowledge on these apartments if you've ever seen them from outside or inside, rented one, bought one, dealt with the management company on site, etc. all info would be greatly appreciated!

- Winter Park Village Apartments, Branch Way, FL 32751
- Hawthorne Village, 9900 Sweepstakes Lane, FL 32837
- Enclave at Orlando, 6165 Carrier Drive, FL 32819 (more like a hotel room)

Many thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2010, 01:06 AM

33 posts, read 92,261 times
I have never dealt with any of these three apartments, but I can certainly speak to the areas. Hawthorne Village would be my first choice for location, its near Hunters Creek, which is a very nice area with minimal impact from tourists. Enclave would be my last choice as its practically on International Drive, which is always swamped with traffic and crime (especially the north end, where these are). Winter Park Village Apartments is in a decent area, but a little older.

The three are all probably about 30 minutes apart from each though, and in very different parts of town. I would definately consider commute times to where are you working or otherwise driving to regularly. That aside, Hawthorne Village- choice #1.

Old 11-26-2010, 10:43 AM

7 posts, read 23,446 times
Thank you for the reply! It certailnly helped with the areas.
I should have probably explained that I am overseas and looking to buy an investment condo to rent out. I am getting to grisps with the american system of HOAs, gated communities, etc.
I was looking at other cities at first, which here in the UK are being "advertised" as the best cities for rental income (such as Detroit, Atlanta), but the more I looked, the more I felt Florida would be best overall as I have always wanted to go there (maybe 1 month a year or so on holiday).
I am looking at Orlando and other areas such as Sarasota and Naples, but it's harder to find anything for my budget in the latter 2 in what (on paper) look like good areas.

For Orlando, I am very tempted by the Winter Park condos, they are actually called Carrington Park condominiums, off Howell Branch, and used to be called Howell Branch condominuims I believe. They are from the 1970s... but have been refurbished inside and I personally like their outside red brick look, they seem to have a bit oif an hispanic/mediterranean look. Also, there are three pools in the whole development, whilst in other developments they usually only seem to have one small pool by the clubhouse.

It is located between Winter Park and Casselberry, and I have read and seen good things about Winter Park, it seems to be a little town with authenticity and character. I don't moind if it looks oldish, as I don't really like new characterless towns. I don't know much about Casselberry though.

So on paper it is a great investment, it looks good, the area seems decent enough.... but I cannot seem to find great reviews about Carrington Park Condominiums. Things like the management team worry me, since I have never dealt with these type of people. Maybe it is normal to read bad reviews online about any condominium as there will always be people that rented and are not happy with the service they got?

Well sorry to ramble, hope I can get some more input as I want to make a decision soon before the last units available get sold.

Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando