Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2011, 09:46 AM

59 posts, read 156,218 times

Advertisements

Hi. My husband and I are considering buying a condo in Legacy Dunes to use as a vacation place for us as well as possibly an investment. Does anybody have any thoughts on this? It seems like a good deal but we are a little concerned about the management since the condos are looking a little run down. We would love to hear the opinions of those people who might be familiar with this complex. Thanks in advance.
Irene
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2011, 06:53 PM

793 posts, read 2,524,296 times
It's like most that got hit by short sales and foreclosures, owners quit paying not only the bank but the community fee's also.

Just spent the day with an investor in the area in and around Legacy Dunes showing short term rental properties and he opted for Emerald Island and Celebration for his selections.

You just need to get full disclosure of the status of the communities financials for strength, discover if any any special assessments are lurking and the doc's for rules and regs.

Hope this helps,

Old 03-03-2011, 07:41 AM

59 posts, read 156,218 times
Thank you for your reply. Do you (as a broker) feel that emerald island and celebration have more potential as an investment?

Old 03-03-2011, 07:56 AM

793 posts, read 2,524,296 times
Well I've not had a reason to see financials for Legacy in a while but Emerald Island and Celebration is well known and I've seen their financials in the past month.

Hope this helps,

Old 03-03-2011, 09:30 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,027,915 times
Don't think you'll make much on teh investment. The market is so oversaturated that you'll be lucky to rent it 50%, 10-25% is more likely. By the time you pay taxes, utilities, HOA, property manager, etc. there won't be much left, and you could easily be upside down.

Old 03-03-2011, 10:24 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,856,133 times
I have both listed and sold several places in Legacy as well as numerous other short term communities.
Short term needs some specific things to make it work well and It is not for most investors that aren't prepared. Most lose their shirts and as can be seen with the short sales and foreclosures...their condos. Legacy's issues are pipes in units can break and cause a great deal of damage... it happens more than it should. and the mgmt co does not care for the property for what the $400+ monthly HOA should provide.

I have other suggestions I give my clients but I suggest caution for anyone working towards short term rentals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando