Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2009, 07:39 PM

127 posts, read 313,741 times

Advertisements

Short term rental condos, reasonably priced, close to attractions. Is anyone familiar with them? There are a lot of them for sale but the prices are not as low as alot I have seen so I wonder if the area is good?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2009, 08:31 PM

76 posts, read 664,807 times
I lived in them when they first opened as Alexan at Legacy Dunes apartment complex. They were nice and we enjoyed living there. We were in a two bedroom it had a spacious screened in balcony with a storage closet, which was nice. The pool was great it is a zero entry pool and the pool area was great. The grounds and landscaping were very nice. My only real complaints were that there were no trash dumpsters throughout the complex just at the entrance. I'm not a fan of putting trash in my car to drive it to the dumpster you could walk but it was all the way outside the gates on the drive into the entrance, this could very well have changed by now. Another issue I had, which has now been rectified was the lack of businesses/stores in the area. It is almost at the very end of 192 and the area is now developing very nicely. The new super Target just opened and stopped by there the other day and it is great there also a variety of restruants and other small businesses popping up right in that area. Also since 429 has been built it provides a great alternate route to several destinations including Disney and the turnpike. I don't know much about the condo market whether it's a good deal or not but I would say as long as there still in good shape it is a great place to live or use a vacation spot for the Disney area.

Old 03-19-2009, 08:51 PM

76 posts, read 664,807 times
I looked at some arial photos it looks to have run down a bit and the trash situation seems to be the same. I found some reviews Here. I guess like any condo it all depends on the management company which of course could always change for better or worse. I can say what they had to work with from the start was good.

Old 06-30-2010, 06:37 PM

1 posts, read 7,907 times
Took our family here to stay at Legacy Dunes through Go Disney, and we are VERY happy. The place we rented for the week is nicely decorated and clean. Everything works. The pool is incredible. Our three kids are loving it. Also it's my two youngest boys time in the water, so for them having the lagoon style pool is great. I recommend this place to anyone thinking of renting a vacation spot for disney.

Old 08-20-2010, 10:05 PM

2 posts, read 14,966 times
We stayed at Legacy Dunes last June-July w/ my husband, 2kids and my mother and we had a WONDEFUL time.Yes it did need touchup work some landscaping and cleaning some spider webs in the entry way,but that didn't take away from the time we had while we were there.We would go back there in a heartbeat and are actually planning another trip there. The convience of the location is the best so close to Disney and supermarkets. On the 4th of July from car at Magic Kingdom back to the condo 10 minutes!!!!Can't beat that. The money that we saved being able to prepare food at the Condo,and being able to do Laundry. Can't wait for our next vaca at Legacy Dunes!!!!!

Old 08-20-2010, 10:06 PM

2 posts, read 14,966 times
and the POOOL was gorgeous!!!!!!

Old 04-06-2011, 12:02 PM

2 posts, read 11,748 times
My wife and I recently purchased a condo in Legacy Dunes. There is a new management firm which is really working hard to make them the best anywhere. The trash question is now resolved as every evening there is trash pickup from a box at each front door. Many owners are remodeling and redecorating these condo's for the rental market. We were there three months redoing ours. It overlooks one of the small lakes. As one person commented, the over all area is still developing and has many new restaurants and great tourist attractions all within 5 miles or less. Disney's south is within 5 miles and there are a lot of Restaurants and shopping between Legacy Dunes and Disney. One point that is not mentioned is there are two pools, lighted tennis courts, sand volleyball, basketball courts and even a place to wash your car with a coin operated vacuum.

Old 04-06-2011, 12:49 PM

2 posts, read 11,748 times
I just reread one of the above posts which commented on the fact that they had deteriorated and gave a link to a review page. Although I am an owner I recommend you look at the link. Please note that the posts in the link are from 2008 and 2009. During that period I would have agreed. There is a new management company, who are really doing a fabulous job. In addition new owners are refurbishing and paying their dues which makes it possible for the managers to do a great job. This new firm took over around the beginning of the year 2011. I will boast a little and say Legacy Dunes is a nice place and due to the new managers efforts and new condo owners who are willing to bite the bullet and spend some money they are getting much nicer.

Old 04-06-2011, 09:13 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,854,528 times
I have sold several in there.The Mgmt co leaves much to be desired and the hoa fees are very high.

Some of the units have broken pipes and flooded the lower units which isnt too much fun.

It is a decent area but there are some better ideas for short term rentals. I have some short term clients that do some slight differences that help them succeed in the rentals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando