Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2011, 04:20 PM

141 posts, read 589,445 times

Advertisements

Hi,
Our home did not sell this past summer, so we are now considering purchasing a 2nd home in orlando. I need more information on the subdivisions. Since we will keeping this home, the amount to spend has obviously gone down. Thus, we need to look into more less-desirable neighborhoods. I still need a 5 bedroom home, preferably 3000 sq ft Plus. But, first and foremost is the need for no close neighbors and a Fenced (we can pay to add) yard for the dogs. On a cul-de-sac preferred, as we will sometimes have all 4 vehicles. We shall be traveling back and forth.
We see a lot of homes for sale in Kissimmee, and I know this is not a good area, but houses are cheaper per square footage, so are there any subdivisions or areas that are safe?
I have looked at some homes online, must say, there are NOT a lot of pictures or information available for buyers, SADLY. I generally pass the homes with few pictures or no room sizes, as it does me no good.
I want to stay close to the International drive area, meaning, I want to be able to drive to Sea World or up to City Walk, within 15 minutes or so. I would prefer back roads to the toll ways.
I also don't mind a fixer-upper, as long as its sound and what can't change is stable and the rooms large. Would prefer to re-do a kitchen completely, as I want what I have here. I can do a lot of the work.
A vet close by would be nice, for emergency, since we have a vet here.
I read a lot about subdivisions, but on Florida MLS site I visit, not all of them are stated. So please state roads to help me out.
We have always lived in a quiet area, and we are quiet ourselves. Would prefer that.
thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2011, 09:21 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,861,779 times
There are many nice areas where you can get a home as large as you like and stay well below $250,000

Old 11-11-2011, 11:36 PM

2,129 posts, read 4,512,388 times
It's hard to think of a place where you can get to CityWalk and SeaWorld in 15 minutes that is still safe, especially wanting that much size for not much money. You might have to give up living near the attractions to keep costs down. However, if you want to live near the parks the safest areas are around Sand Lake Rd. from Turkey Lake Rd. and Apopka Vineland Rd, but it's an expensive area. Also the Williamsburg area might be something to consider but I don't know that area enough to suggest roads.

Old 11-12-2011, 12:01 PM

141 posts, read 589,445 times
Hi,
Yea, I kinda figured 15 min was not going to work. we have an option of buying a small home in say dr phil, and fixing it up. But, you don't always know if you can add a fence, add a 3-4 car garage, and remodel the existing garage into living space and maybe even adding on.
I would love to do that, but... I know there are limits, as I hit them with the old house and remodeling it. Thats why we built this one.
so, lets refine my question.
If we look at homes in Kissimmee, and use a few main roads to get me over to I-drive or that next street over that runs with it.... any areas of Kissimmee that I could consider?
with a yard!!! we have an acre now, dont want that, but at least maybe 1/4 of an acre is most likelly the lowest I will go. I care/cut it anyways...so.

Am also considering:
dr phil (now the less expensive homes )
williamsburg (but the area south of Central Fl Pkwy ok too?)
southchase (but a few areas with big homes, are cookie cutter, and I can't live like that, never have)
hunters creek - but there is an area with streets of: Hunters Vista blvd and then south of central fl grnwy is Braddock OaK dr...
I truely am not wanting hunters creek. we were there, and the people were not friendly at all.
thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando