Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 05:53 PM

12,638 posts, read 32,207,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by from nv View Post
lil32718 - thanks for the info!

Again, can anyone expand on wha SFH rentals run in Casselbery?
Thanks!
Probably $900 on up. You maybe able to grab something a little less.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2012, 09:34 PM

129 posts, read 340,707 times
We did alot of research on places to live here. With all my family being in Dr. Phillips it was had to turn that down, but quite honestly, the blue collar nature of Casselberry appeals to me. It's hard to really describe, but it can be a real downer to be middle class in an area that has so many high income areas and residents like Dr. Phillips. Casselberry has a nice community feel to it.

Here's an example, maybe this doesn't make any sense to anyone but me, but it's an observation. At our meet and greet last year in Atlanta, half the mothers dressed exactly like the daughters and it was more of a social engagement for parents to show off and tell each other about their summers than it was to actually meet the teachers.

On the other hand, here, I saw more Dads at the meet and greet and everyone seemed way more interested in making sure their kids met the teachers and knew where to go, very little socializing.

Not that socializing is bad, but there's a time and place for it. IMHO.

Old 08-13-2012, 10:00 PM

206 posts, read 416,587 times
I'm a big "city" guy - but it goes both ways. I'm not sure what taxes Casselberry levies, but I can't imagine why I would live there versus unincorporated Seminole County (assuming I've already ruled out Orlando, Longwood, Winter Park, Maitland, etc).

They've put together a nice little park behind city hall and even have food trucks out once in a while but is it enough? Their city complex IS on 17-92 unfortunately, since stuff was built along rail - there's not a lot of positive stuff north of Maitland on that road. Longwood and Altamonte Springs development along the rail is off to the west which leaves Casselberry out of the game. But isn't that what it was built for? A bedroom community?

From my perspective, Casselberry's city government hurts their residents and businesses more than it helps. I'll link to some examples so I'm not just shooting from the hip.

But here's the problem - Casselberry has no problem with building overpasses that push people THROUGH their city instead of TO it.
Casselberry flyover opposition: Casselberry flyover bridge draws opposition from jai-alai fronton owner - Orlando Sentinel

But they aren't completely against local business - they were looking to give $1M to a chef to open a restaurant even though he claimed it wouldn't be successful, fortunately it didn't happen.

Casselberry OKs almost $1 million for restaurant project - Orlando Sentinel

Casselberry restaurant deal: Casselberry deal to help chef open restaurant fizzles - Orlando Sentinel

Old 08-14-2012, 10:17 AM

3,595 posts, read 6,973,423 times
Cassleberry is just your average US suburb. Stores, restaurants, and a few things to do all within a short 5-10min drive from your SFH or apartment complex. Nothing too scenic or too disgusting about C-Berry sans maybe the area around the strip clubs but that is a small area and they serve their purpose as small community businesses.

P.S. I would add that Cassleberry is a little less Stepfordy than say other burbs like Lake Mary and fits my personality a tad bit better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando