Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2012, 10:50 AM

1 posts, read 1,395 times

Advertisements

All:

I'm new to this board, but it seems like the folks here have pretty extensive knowledge about the Orlando area, so I figured I'd ask. I will be making a move down to Orlando within the month, and I'm looking for a good 1 bedroom/1 bathroom apartment for rent in the downtown Orlando area (preferably near where I'd be working, which is around where South Orange Ave meets South Street).

I'm planning to fly down there some time in the next 2 weeks to take a look at various apartment buildings around there. Does anyone have any recommendations as to places I should look at? I'd like to stay under $1500/month in rent if possible. Newer buildings are better and I like a more modern style, but aside from that I have no real preferences (I don't have any pets, I'm in late 20s so I don't need to be in a family friendly area/building, etc).

Alternatively if you guys know any sites which have good listings (aside from the obvious ones like apartment.com, rent.com, etc) or any agents down there that I could contact, that could help too. Feel free to direct message if you don't want to post any info publicly.

Thanks for the help in advance!

- Sunny
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2012, 10:53 AM

2,363 posts, read 5,214,298 times
55 West.55 West Orlando Apartments - Apartments in Orlando, FL

City View City View at Hughes Square in Orlando, FL - Orlando, Florida Apartment Rentals

Old 08-16-2012, 10:56 AM

4,167 posts, read 9,357,631 times
The Grande, The Paramount, Post Parkside would be top of my list. Than I would look at rental in Solaire and 55W, but these places tend to be rowdier. Than there are plenty of condo, single family home, private smaller complexes for rent. You won't have a lack of options, it comes down to your preference. Craigslist has alot of listings by private owners and rental agents but the best thing to do, if possible, is just to spend a day walking around downtown looking at various places.

Old 08-16-2012, 02:16 PM

28 posts, read 48,920 times
the drawbacks to 55 west is.... The vultures, church street noise and people parking in your spot for Magic games.

Old 08-16-2012, 03:18 PM

206 posts, read 415,866 times
I'd go with the Grande since it is pretty much by where you work.

Old 08-16-2012, 07:44 PM

2,168 posts, read 5,063,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tescosamoa View Post
the drawbacks to 55 west is.... The vultures, church street noise and people parking in your spot for Magic games.
How to Magic patrons get into the resident parking deck?

Old 08-17-2012, 02:14 PM

3,595 posts, read 6,961,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tescosamoa View Post
Good so I'm not crazy. Everytime I drive by it's like they are circling a dead body on the roof of that place. This may have already been covered, but does anybody know why they are there? Why they prefer that location?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando