Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2012, 10:45 AM

511 posts, read 855,141 times

Advertisements

Hallo,
I'm a newbie here, well not new to Florida actually I'm a southeast Florida native of 43 years but have spent the last almost 10 years here in Thailand raising a family and it's finally worn me down. Well not the family but the country and it actually wore me down years ago but due to family commitments and responsibilities couldn't do anything about it until now so, I/we my sons and I are soon to head back and settle in the Orlando area so I can make a living and they can get some schooling..

We are really looking forward to it though we know it will be tough especially without their mother, it will be much better for all and the boys are really anxious to get out of here and go to school instead of their home schooling.

I'm anxious to get them where we can do fun family things, see nice attractions, swim in cool clear springs and nice unpolluted, white, sandy beaches again, but like they've never seen before..

We had our eye on possibly Sanford as there is some very inexpensive houses there but now...................Not so much ..........

Anyway I can't wait and hope to maybe make some new friendships here that maybe can transcend this forum for when we get repatriated but at least reconnect with my roots ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2012, 11:44 AM

4,167 posts, read 9,342,054 times
Sawatdee and welcome home!

Old 04-11-2012, 12:39 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,071,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomesickFloridian View Post
Hallo,
I'm a newbie here, well not new to Florida actually I'm a southeast Florida native of 43 years but have spent the last almost 10 years here in Thailand raising a family and it's finally worn me down. Well not the family but the country and it actually wore me down years ago but due to family commitments and responsibilities couldn't do anything about it until now so, I/we my sons and I are soon to head back and settle in the Orlando area so I can make a living and they can get some schooling..

We are really looking forward to it though we know it will be tough especially without their mother, it will be much better for all and the boys are really anxious to get out of here and go to school instead of their home schooling.

I'm anxious to get them where we can do fun family things, see nice attractions, swim in cool clear springs and nice unpolluted, white, sandy beaches again, but like they've never seen before..

We had our eye on possibly Sanford as there is some very inexpensive houses there but now...................Not so much ..........

Anyway I can't wait and hope to maybe make some new friendships here that maybe can transcend this forum for when we get repatriated but at least reconnect with my roots ...
Welcome back I think that you should still consider parts of Sanford. I still find it very safe there with lots to do. I know about the Trayvon case but that doesn't stop me from visiting there one bit. It will pass like every other big cases like this. Come and check it out. You might want to check out Lake Mary as well.

Old 04-11-2012, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's Rooster View Post
Sawatdee and welcome home!
Oh!! Sawadee krap!! The world's too small eh? A Thailand escapee or a planning to return visitor? Did you spend any real time here? Just visit or just know how to speak nid noi Thai like me?

JFYI I'm not quite home yet but it's nice to be welcomed back, I thought I might get all of that negativity about having left in the first place?

Old 04-11-2012, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
Welcome back I think that you should still consider parts of Sanford. I still find it very safe there with lots to do. I know about the Trayvon case but that doesn't stop me from visiting there one bit. It will pass like every other big cases like this. Come and check it out. You might want to check out Lake Mary as well.
Ok Becky thanks for the welcome home, well I'll give it some consideration but it scares the bejesus outta me to hear about what's going on and I know Sanford is a small town. It's going to be a bit of a culture shock to begin with for my boys so I certainly don't want to pile racial tension that I grew up with on top of it..

Yeah Lake Mary!! And Wekiva, Rainbow and Silver springs!! Can't wait!! Too bad my boys won't get to see a shuttle launch though ...

Old 04-11-2012, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomesickFloridian View Post
Oh!! Sawadee krap!! The world's too small eh? A Thailand escapee or a planning to return visitor? Did you spend any real time here? Just visit or just know how to speak nid noi Thai like me?

JFYI I'm not quite home yet but it's nice to be welcomed back, I thought I might get all of that negativity about having left in the first place?
Just know how to speak nid noi (family).

Old 04-11-2012, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's Rooster View Post
Just know how to speak nid noi (family).
So you're Thai or have Thai's in your family?
Just before I came here I ironically had a nice meal in a Thai restaurant there in the Orlando area I can't honestly say where it was so that's no help but it was a nice restaurant with nice ambiance and the food was good also..

Old 04-11-2012, 11:45 PM

I have Thai family members.

Old 04-12-2012, 12:22 AM

I see you're also a late night bird like I am assuming you're in Florida that is.. I usually don't get to bed until around 3:00am these days and that's another thing that will have to change when I return...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando