Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2007, 07:57 AM

5 posts, read 17,741 times

Advertisements

We are relocating to orlando from miami. we really loved windermere. specifically found a house in keene's point but learned that west orange high school got a D grade. does anyone know if it's a good idea to buy here. also would i be able to transfer my daughter to olympia high.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2007, 08:27 AM

21 posts, read 116,981 times
I think Keen'e Point is a great neighborhood but high association fees take away from its appeal. Only Windermere Country Club, Orange Tree, Bay Hill, and Isleworth offer a similar type of living but Isleworth is much more in price and the others are much older. You may want to check into some private school options at Crenshaw, Windermere Prep, the school at Holy Family Catholic Church, or The First Academy.

Kensington Park and Balmoral are more quaint gated communities in the Olympia High School district that you may want to check out if private schools are not an option.

Old 10-02-2007, 11:31 AM

thanks, my daughter has never gone to private schools, she is a high school freshman. will look into kensington park and balmoral, any thoughts on west orange high school.

Old 10-04-2007, 10:28 AM

28 posts, read 133,925 times
My daughter is a Freshman at Dr. Phillips High School. She went from being home schooled to being in a student body of approx. 4,000 students. She is enrolled in one of their magnet programs. So far, we have been very pleased with her experience there. She has some fantastic instructors. Good luck on finding the right fit.

Old 10-04-2007, 11:15 AM

9 posts, read 29,180 times
Don't really know that much about WOHS, but it services a lot of different neighborhoods... going from low income families to higher income ones. Olympia & Dr. Phillips HS have kids from the higher income families which is why they are more desirable schools.

I don't know that that helps much, but if you're working with a Realtor, they can guide you to neighborhoods that will put you into the other high schools.

Old 10-04-2007, 02:59 PM

thanks to all, that really helps. heard Dr. Phillips is excellent too. We are working with a realtor and she did advise us on Olympia High and Dr. Phillips. We are looking in those areas but my husband is already working in Orlando and found a house in Keene's Pointe that is perfect for us and and the neighborhood is beautiful, plus we could afford that house. We told our realtor and were kind of dissappointed it wasn't the school district we wanted. I guess I wanted someone to tell me that it's a good school so I could feel good about it.

Old 12-06-2007, 07:51 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,859,732 times
I have to agree with what was said about Keenes Point, a nice community but also a bit off the beaten path. There area many great areas in the Olympia district. There are several others beside Kensington but it is nice. There are presently only 4 homes available from 775-1M so there are not many options in the community but one may be perfect for you, who's to say.Vizcaya goes to Dr. Phillips - there are 15 homes available there, gated, prices from 560k-2.8m and 10 under 1M.
Keenes Pointe presently has 100 homes available starting at 479k- 5.5m, my biggest concern there is being able to resale. seems once people go they find they don't want to be so far away and have a hard time reselling. just some thoughts. Good Luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: