Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2012, 06:41 AM

565 posts, read 1,253,773 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for a place where I can play some table tennis with my wife and kids. I live in Winter Springs, so the closer the better.

I'd like to find someplace like a public recreation center where I don't have to pay every time I go - but I'll have to take what I can get. I can't do YMCAs, because one has to be a member to use their facilities, and they're quite pricey. I'm not looking for a table tennis club, as I wouldn't go enough to justify club dues.

Where I used to live there were several city recreation centers that had a table or two set up all the time, like in a gameroom, where people could play. I've been here for less than a year, so maybe someplace is out there with a table. I guess I'll find out if Orlando has this kind of thing or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2012, 07:33 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,043,904 times
I don't believe there are any rec centers near you that would offer what you are looking for.

I'd suggest buying a folding table and using it in your garage when you want to play. When not in use you can put it against a wall. I had one years ago, really easy to open up and then fold for storage and they take very little room to store.. You can find them for under $150.

Old 11-08-2012, 08:40 AM

4,167 posts, read 9,339,334 times
Home - Welcome to the Central Florida Table Tennis Club!

I'm sure these folks could help you out. I know places like City of Orlando and Altamonte Springs rec have tables to play, but I think you may have to pay extra as a non city resident. Try Eastmonte or Westmonte Park which is the closest I can think of to you.

Old 11-08-2012, 09:23 AM

565 posts, read 1,253,773 times
I don't have room in my garage for a table.

I don't mind paying a little per visit, but my concern is that if my kids get really interested (and I want them to get interested in something), and they want to go several times a week, it will quickly become too expensive. Even five dollars a visit can accelerate to $60/mo., and if that's per person, having three kids in tow will make it impossible.

The up-side is that it's not nearly as expensive as, say, tennis or golf. But I can't pay what I don't have. I may see if the City of Winter Springs is willing to put a table up in one of their rec centers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando