Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 03:14 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,580,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Yes, of course it is Davie (of you and other rah-rahs)...pattern replicated.

The purpose of this forum is to provide varying perspectives of life in the respective city/area and is not designed to be pro-chamber of commerce. Just because my experiences don't reflect yours doesn't lend them any less credibility, especially since I certainly don't make any assertions based solely on one narrow (and factless) definition as some posters are known for.
So you're saying my assertions about Orlando are narrow and factless?

I don't spend a lot of time in Seminole County, one and mainly because it is too far. Other than to visit the Publix credit union off 436 and I-4, which is just over the Orange/Seminole line is still a 32 mile drive from the far south side of Orlando just over the Orange/Osceola line. That 32 miles in one way btw. And two, other than to visit the credit union, I have no reason to go there. I went to a house party hosted by a friend in Seminole County a couple months ago, and that was it. I havent been to Seminole County any other time since I have moved back here in February

Orange County is not a fix all to one's "problems" they face living in this town. I speak and present my thoughts to people because they are my opinions based on my own personal experience living here. And the percentages of Orange and Seminole may be similar, but the OP is limiting his dating prospects by not looking outside Seminole County. By going south a little bit, and getting out and socializing with the many beautiful women of Orange County, he is increasing his dating prospects.

When I go downtown a majority of girls I meet are from Altamonte Springs, Winter Park (part of which is IN Seminole CO) Casselberry and the east side (UCF area usually). Who knows, the OP could go to downtown Orlando one Friday night, meet the girl of his dreams there and she could live in Casselberry, or Winter Springs for all he knows, than at that point dating will be easy since she'll be local
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2012, 03:23 PM

Quote:
To the OP, Seminole County is nothing like Westchester County, NY. The problem with many living and commenting on life here is that their points of comparison are very limited and often not even accurate. The above comment is a shining example. Westchester County and Seminole County share a few common denominators. They're both suburbs. They're both north of a larger population center. The schools are the best in their respective areas. End of comparison.
That was the only comparison between Seminole and Westchester I was trying to make. God, you annoy me sometimes. If the city-data forum were The Office, I'd be Michael Scott, and you'd be Toby Flenderson

I am fully aware that Westchester is WAY different than Seminole County in a lot of ways. As you said, the only similarities are that they're both suburbs, north of the main urban core, and Seminole does have better schools than Orange County. That was the ONLY comparison I was trying to make, and it is an accurate one. How is it limited and not accurate? I fail to see that

I also disagree that Seminole is only slightly wealthier than Orange. Seminole has a lot more wealth than Orange does simply due to Seminole's population being 30% of what Orange's population is

-Lake Mary
-Heathrow
-Markham Woods (where D12 used to live)
-Winter Springs
-Wekiva Springs
-Oviedo
-Uptown Altamonte

Orange has these ones
-Winter Park
-Dr Phillips
-Bay Hill
-Windermere
-Maitland
-Baldwin Park

Even with a much bigger population, Orange has less affluent well to do areas than Seminole does, so you're statement that Seminole is only slightly wealthier than Orange, IMO is moot. The numbers might say differently but it would take a LOT more wealthy people to move to Seminole in order for the numbers to agree

Old 12-05-2012, 03:34 PM

2,363 posts, read 5,203,902 times
Quote:
Yeah, I know...thinking hurts.
Yeah for people like you who like to shove your "My Way IDeas" down peoples throat. It hurts to understand others and accept others. But it's okay. it's a forum, where you probably do your best work.

Old 12-05-2012, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAm_FloridaBorn View Post
Yeah for people like you who like to shove your "My Way IDeas" down peoples throat. It hurts to understand others and accept others. But it's okay. it's a forum, where you probably do your best work.
Kyle considers himself a liberal Democrat too. You know FL Born, I am respectful of other people's political beliefs even if they don't agree with mine. The funny thing is liberals like to attack those who don't agree with them, they'll spread hate about those people, do everything they can to tarnish their reputation, all the while claiming to be sympathetic, caring, compassionate people. The truth is liberals are really not liberal at all.

Fox News Rules! There's a reason they consistently beat CNN and MSNBC in the ratings, especially Bill O'Reilly

Old 12-05-2012, 04:43 PM

291 posts, read 505,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
That was the only comparison between Seminole and Westchester I was trying to make. God, you annoy me sometimes. If the city-data forum were The Office, I'd be Michael Scott, and you'd be Toby Flenderson

I am fully aware that Westchester is WAY different than Seminole County in a lot of ways. As you said, the only similarities are that they're both suburbs, north of the main urban core, and Seminole does have better schools than Orange County. That was the ONLY comparison I was trying to make, and it is an accurate one. How is it limited and not accurate? I fail to see that

I also disagree that Seminole is only slightly wealthier than Orange. Seminole has a lot more wealth than Orange does simply due to Seminole's population being 30% of what Orange's population is

-Lake Mary
-Heathrow
-Markham Woods (where D12 used to live)
-Winter Springs
-Wekiva Springs
-Oviedo
-Uptown Altamonte

Orange has these ones
-Winter Park
-Dr Phillips
-Bay Hill
-Windermere
-Maitland
-Baldwin Park

Even with a much bigger population, Orange has less affluent well to do areas than Seminole does, so you're statement that Seminole is only slightly wealthier than Orange, IMO is moot. The numbers might say differently but it would take a LOT more wealthy people to move to Seminole in order for the numbers to agree
You must hate Kyle a lot to compare yourself to Michael Scott and him being Toby.

Old 12-05-2012, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloopers View Post
You must hate Kyle a lot to compare yourself to Michael Scott and him being Toby.
There are very few if any people I hate, I don't hate Kyle, I hate his posts. I can't hate him because I don't know him personally

Old 12-05-2012, 05:00 PM

291 posts, read 505,968 times
Quote:
There are very few if any people I hate, I don't hate Kyle, I hate his posts. I can't hate him because I don't know him personally
The Michael - Toby comparison would be inaccurate if you don't hate him then.

Huge Office fan here.

Old 12-05-2012, 05:04 PM

2,363 posts, read 5,203,902 times
Quote:
Kyle considers himself a liberal Democrat too. You know FL Born, I am respectful of other people's political beliefs even if they don't agree with mine. The funny thing is liberals like to attack those who don't agree with them, they'll spread hate about those people, do everything they can to tarnish their reputation, all the while claiming to be sympathetic, caring, compassionate people. The truth is liberals are really not liberal at all.

Fox News Rules! There's a reason they consistently beat CNN and MSNBC in the ratings, especially Bill O'Reilly
Over several years on this forum from being a teenager, I refuse to engage in anything other than helping people and sharing opinions on these forums. IDK Kyle , he could be a nice guy in real life, but on the forum, ...well

Old 12-05-2012, 05:23 PM

2,129 posts, read 4,512,388 times
Quote:

And crazy right-wingers don't attack people they disagree with?

You just painted an entire demographic of people as attackers. Believe it or not, there are civil liberals and conservatives.

Old 12-06-2012, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brinkofsunshine View Post
And crazy right-wingers don't attack people they disagree with?

You just painted an entire demographic of people as attackers. Believe it or not, there are civil liberals and conservatives.
I am well aware that there are civil liberals and conservatives. Believe it or not, I dont consider myself either as both liberals and conservatives have certain view points that I agree with. I agree with conservatives on the economy, money, and business, but I agree with liberals on social issues like gay marriage, abortion, etc

When I speak of the liberal "attackers" I am referring to people in the mainstream media like Chris Matthews, Keith Olberman, Brian Williams, and Bob Costas. MSNBC is more like MSDNC these days. There's also George Stephanopolous.

Of course you have your right wing nuts as well like Karl Rove. Believe it or not he was banned from Fox News, the "conservative" news station, banned one of its "own" perhaps Fox News isn't as Republican as people are led to believe by the skewed mainstream media

Sorry for generalizing I am just calling it as I see it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando