Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2012, 02:37 PM

3 posts, read 35,903 times

Advertisements

I was just researching Disney's Professional Internship program, and am interested in what they have to offer for science. Does anyone know how much they pay their interns, or if the experience is worth it? When I come to Orlando, I plan on staying permanently for various reasons, so I will have my own apartment. Is it required that you must live in Disney's apartments?

Any information is greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2012, 03:04 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,054,681 times
Science is a pretty broad field, it would help to have more info other than "science."

Professional internships and Co-Ops do not require living in Disney housing, and I don't believe it's even an option for a lot of them.

The rate of pay depends on the exact internship. Most professional internships at WDW typically pay in the $11-15/hour range, depending on many factors.

Old 12-31-2012, 03:48 PM

1 posts, read 11,967 times
What kind of science are you? I was a PI for engineering and pay is based on a few factors: your department, whatever type of degree you are getting, and year in school. I received$18/hour as a junior and $22/hour as a senior during my two terms as a PI.

You don't have to live in Disney housing if you don't want to, but it is remarkably convenient and nice if you are moving from out of state/ don't know anyone. When I was there, it was housed in Cumberland Park, but now its at Falcon Square at Independence, which I hear is a really nice complex.

Also, a lot of PIs require you to still be enrolled in school so unless you are transferring to UCF, you may not be able to.

Old 12-31-2012, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorcy View Post
What kind of science are you? I was a PI for engineering and pay is based on a few factors: your department, whatever type of degree you are getting, and year in school. I received$18/hour as a junior and $22/hour as a senior during my two terms as a PI.

You don't have to live in Disney housing if you don't want to, but it is remarkably convenient and nice if you are moving from out of state/ don't know anyone. When I was there, it was housed in Cumberland Park, but now its at Falcon Square at Independence, which I hear is a really nice complex.

Also, a lot of PIs require you to still be enrolled in school so unless you are transferring to UCF, you may not be able to.
The Co-Op program is for recent grads and is similar to the PI program.

Old 12-31-2012, 04:21 PM

The program that I am referring to is this:
[url=http://profinterns.disneycareers.com/en/internship-areas/operations/sciences-horticulture-zoology/]Sciences / Horticulture / Zoology | Jobs and Careers | Disney Professional Internships[/url]

However, the specific areas that interest me most are: Biotechnology, Chemistry, and Reproductive Biology.

Old 12-31-2012, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiologyMajor2014 View Post
The program that I am referring to is this:
Sciences / Horticulture / Zoology | Jobs and Careers | Disney Professional Internships

However, the specific areas that interest me most are: Biotechnology, Chemistry, and Reproductive Biology.
I'm not sure Disney is going to offer an internship in any of those fields.

Old 12-31-2012, 04:29 PM

Yes there are if you go to the website there is a list of 22 different science professional internships offered by Disney.

Old 12-31-2012, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiologyMajor2014 View Post
Yes there are if you go to the website there is a list of 22 different science professional internships offered by Disney.
Those are the ones that might be offered, not the ones that always are. Keep watching the Disney Careers site, if an internship is posted that you qualify for apply.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: