Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 02:21 AM

20 posts, read 54,495 times

Advertisements

Hi,

Any opinions on Four Corners Area?

Looking at a town house 3/3 in Four Corners.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2013, 06:26 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,054,681 times
Are you renting? Buying? Living there as a f/t residence? Kids in school? A little more info would be helpful.

I wouldn't live in Kissimmee. Period. Davenport schools are really bad as well. That little section of Orange County goes to top rated schools, as does the Clermont corner for elementary and middle. I think they go to South Lake High School which isn't the best, if it's East Ridge High then it's an "A" rated school.

Where will you be working that Four Corners is appealing? Unless it's Disney or something else in the area, there are other places I'd consider.

Old 04-03-2013, 11:32 AM

Thanks for your reply! First I was thinking on living there for the winter season but that is probably not a plausable plan right now. Was thinking of buying it anyhow and then let it until retirement.

I have done some research about this but I am still doubtful about the rental market.

What is your opinion?

Old 04-03-2013, 11:41 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,054,681 times
Is it a short term or long term community?

Long term rental market is pretty strong. Short term is over-saturated and weak.

Old 04-06-2013, 03:02 AM

Long term I would say! Where is breaking point between short and long term?

To put it simple where should I look for a good property that will hopefully rise/stay in value but most importantly be attractive to let in the Orlando area?

Which type and size would be preferable? I have heard that single family homes 3/2 are popular?

Old 04-06-2013, 11:05 PM

49 posts, read 99,568 times
We've actually just moved to the area....living in a former vacation rental in unincorporated Davenport. I couldn't say what is the most popular home size sought by renters, but I know 4br+ are more difficult to find, particular ones that aren't tiny (because that is what I was looking for, and we did manage to find a nice 5br). Smaller homes, and those without pools, seemed to be in rather abundant supply and renting at fairly low prices. That said I wouldn't have moved here if my kids were in public school. As I was looking at rentals I found that neighborhoods vary vastly. It seemed to me that some of them had fallen on hard times....where the properties and yards appeared neglected or unkempt. Many were very cramped with houses quite close together and narrow streets. There are also very nice neighborhoods....I found that the ones where the HOA handles the landscaping were generally preferable. Honestly I can say that the specific location had less to do with anything than the specific neighborhood. There are plenty of nice communities scattered about Davenport and Kissimmee, but also ones I found less desirable. Also, break-ins are more common in this area in general because of the number of vacant properties/vacation rentals....even in the nicer neighborhoods. Something to keep in mind particularly if your property will be furnished and vacant.

If you have any specific communities in mind I can give opinions on the ones I've visited....I've also stayed down here on vacation before we lived here. I would be hesitant to even rent something sight unseen here, never mind buy, unless I could get a lot of opinions on the neighborhood. Also, a long term rental is generally one with a 12 month lease (FL law does not allow longer). That said there are a lot of long term rentals available in short term rental neighborhoods (ie. designed for renting to vacationers) and honestly most of the neighborhoods I liked were in that category.

Old 04-06-2013, 11:41 PM

20 posts, read 35,736 times
Ok...here's my 2 cents. You are far from alot in my personal opinion.

Let me describe Orlando. Say you want to go to a restaurant and call your friend who is waiting for you. You will say, "I'm there in 20 minutes." This is no matter where you are in Orlando. (Kissimmee to Orlando, Orlando to Sandford, etc).

We have the turnpikes and tolls that can get you places in that time. For me, if I was to go to your area, it would take me 1 hour & I'd rather drive to Mt. Dora.

Here is the problem with the CITY DEVELOPERS of Orlando: They have 1 good development, inside a 'bad' area. So, HOA laws are created, with gates, etc. There is no 'Eastside' or Westside. That is the problem with Orlando.

Here is another: Everyone talks about Dr. Philips. Ok, I wouldn't PAY the MONEY to live there. No sidewalks, no real 'kid neighborhood.' I get better value on going into another cheaper HOA/property in Kissimmee with a school on property -like Remington. There my kid can ride their bikes and play hide-n-go seek. Business-wise, for better jobs, one has to drive 30-40 minutes to Maitland area or less time to DT orlando.

10 years ago, Orlando was full of fields. At that time, Orlando had to have had a stupid City Planner. Instead of truely planning developments, towns, cities and more....I wonder if he/she just let them develop to make money. So, you have 'pockets' in Orlando. THIS IS A HUGE MESS!

Maybe I'm too tired tonight, and just babbleing, but I'm serious on thinking of running for local mayor and doing something about this.

One thing we know for sure, is that the Pine Hills neighborhood is bad. AND what is SAD...is THAT is our comfort zone. What we all get scared on, is other neighborhoods that are so mixed. Why, because they put up a great place, in the middle of crap.

Old 04-06-2013, 11:52 PM

49 posts, read 99,568 times
flUnBusiness, I'm not sure where you're thinking of, but I can be to Millenia in 20 minutes, downtown in under 30. The Four Corners area has easy access to I-4, 429 and 417, from which you can access pretty much everything else. It's not just Orlando either. Seminole Co also varies vastly from neighborhood to neighborhood with little rhyme or reason.

Old 04-07-2013, 06:21 AM

This is the address of the place I was looking at. 1713 Retrat Circle Clermont FL 34714.

Listed price was about 100K, for a never habited property from 2007, 3/3 Town house. Developer is continuing to set up more town houses and also a club area is under development within 24 months. The whole project halted due to finacial problems during the crisis but is now on track again to complete the area.

Anyone here that has knowledge about this area, the development and the properties, any info would be of interest!

Old 04-07-2013, 06:26 AM

1713 Retreat Circle Clermont FL 34714 (should it be).

Realtor claims to be able to get a tenant pretty easily for USD 1000 a month in rent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando