Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2007, 10:20 PM

1,352 posts, read 6,275,214 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone.....I just got back from trick or treating with my girlfriend and her son.....Well The plan was to go to Festival Bay mall on I-Drive because my girlfriend heard there was going to be alot of candy, and things going on from 6pm-8pm. Then we were going to go check out Celebration, but that was scrathced so i decided instead that we should see what Williamsburg was going to be like....

Well I left my house near I-Drive and went over to Pick them up in Clermont where they live.......So i got there and then we drove back down to Festival Bay......It was about 6pm when we got there and things seemed pretty dead...Well some places there had candy and there was more of an amount of stores that didnt have candy then i thought there would be.....but we finished after about an hour of walking the whole mall.....So the lesson here is don't go to Festival Bay next year on Halloween......

Well then we headed over to get something to eat for about 30 minutes and after that we headed to Williamsburg ....Well we got to Williamsburg and none of the houses even looked like they knew it was Halloween (hardly any decorations and lights weren't on) ....so we just decided to go back to Clermont where they lived .....The lesson there was ....don't go to Williamsburg again on Halloween....

So we got back to Clermont and there were kids walking around the neighborhood (it was about 8:45pm)......There were lots of people walking to doors for candy still when we got there...so we went around and got what we could before the night died down......Lesson here is that The area of Clermont we were in (where my girlfriend lives) is a good place to go for Halloween ....my girlfriends mother said tons of kids came to thier door while we were gone....

Also Last year we went to Florida mall and there where tons of people there to..and lots of Candy....So if you want good trick or treating in any of the areas ive mentioned then try Clermont and the Florida Mall.....

Anyone else have stories of where to go next year or where not to go based on this year's experience of Halloween?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2007, 04:38 AM

1,594 posts, read 5,283,499 times
Thanks for the info. You would have added Celebration to your list of places not to go if you did go. We went last year and it was packed and the residents were very stingy with candy because of it.

This year we stayed close to home and my neighborhood was amazing! We had almost a trash bag full of candy for my 3 kids because everyone would give our kids hand fulls of candy at a time because there was not that many kids out. It was a great night - one of the best Halloweens yet.

Old 11-01-2007, 06:44 AM

442 posts, read 2,913,652 times
Willimasburg is full of Retires I know i take care of alot of them in the hospital....
We Decided to go trick or Treating with our friends we went to a Very Nice Neighbor hood In haine city ( not in the Ghetto part) every house was decorated and EVERY house was giving candy, and some gave out drinks for the kids...We did'nt hit every house because some of the Decorations where to scarry for our 5 yr old .. but he came home with just the right amount of candy

Old 11-01-2007, 09:15 AM

217 posts, read 806,627 times
Oh, the irony!

My friend emailed me just last night and said that Celebration was ROCKIN'!
They even had a police force to (TRY and) quell the traffic going in there!

Also, Hunter's Creek is just as good, if not better for Halloween!
"Hunter's Creep Nights" runs practically throughout the whole month of October. Haunted houses, spooky hayrides with stories and the Hunter's Creek neighborhood of Orista Bay actually looks as if the residents have a house/yard decorating contest! The whole neighborhood is something out of a combination of Tales From the Crypt, The Adams Family and The Munsters!
Complete with spooky music, strobe lights and wicked cool costumes!

*sigh*

Can't WAIT to move back!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando