Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2013, 11:02 AM

17 posts, read 80,544 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

Just recently moved to Minneola and need to have a security system installed with monitoring. I was looking into Safe Touch because they seem relatively inexpensive, but I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions/recommendations/reviews? I like ADT's new system that controls house features (i.e. lighting, AC, etc) but it is pretty dang pricey.

Just hoping to get some feedback!

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2013, 02:23 PM

2,168 posts, read 5,055,460 times
ADT is too expensive. I went with Alarmforce...no complaints really. I would also check out Safe Touch.

Old 07-08-2013, 07:45 PM

200 posts, read 618,720 times
Try Regal Security in Plainview, if you need their number PM me.

Old 07-09-2013, 02:36 PM

Does anyone have experience with Protection 1?

Old 07-10-2013, 06:34 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,861,779 times
Nothing like adopting a nice dog or 2 from the shelter. All they require is some attention for which you will get undying love, and food and water.

I have 7 dogs and I feel far safer from them than the 9mm.

Old 07-18-2013, 09:37 PM

Thanks for the advice AONE, but I already have 2 rescue dogs. Both of which are very skittsh and afraid of strangers from being abused previously before we rescued them. And dogs require a little more than some attention, food and water.

Old 07-20-2013, 06:28 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,861,779 times
Chances are only you know they are skittish. Very few people would take the chance on a home with a dog.

Otherwise, there is ADT, Sentry and all the normal alarm systems.

Old 07-20-2013, 07:02 AM

200 posts, read 618,720 times
Burglars shoot dogs if they want in bad enough, I have seen it, to subject a beautiful animal like a dog to guard your premises is foolish.

Old 07-21-2013, 09:05 AM

220 posts, read 418,205 times
We went with Simplisafe and I love the fact you spend a little on the equipment and are not locked into a contract. The monthly fee (with the monitoring) is around $ 25 I believe. I have fortunately or unfortunately got to see it work and it worked (we stopped the burglar at the opening of the front door which will require a new glass for the door). I love that it can be controlled from the internet (computers, iPhones, iPads) and it is easy to set up.

Now for the part I like the most and long term = no contract AND if you add other equipment you simply pay a small amount and they ship the equipment and your monthly stays the same. We are using Safe Home Security at work and they have also been a great security provider over the years but the issue is the monthly fee keeps creeping up over time and the business is locked into a 3 year contract that repeats. How does it creep up ? = decided to add on monitoring = $ 10 per month....added 3 alarm monitoring devices over last 4 years.....each one would of had an install cost of a few hundred dollars OR you can "simply" add on another $ 5 to $ 10 per month on your monitoring and they renew your agreement for another 3 years. Over time my monthly has gone up to $ 65. Once again I have been nothing but satisfied with their performance and customer service but as we speak I just purchased equipment from Simplisafe and am going to spend money up front in order to lower my monthly at work.

FYI = Adding alarm stickers and a yard sign significantly decreases your chances of being burglarized. We had them on our back windows and doors but nowhere in the front of the house and burglars tried to break into the front door (the glass portion). We put decals up front after that! Also purchase some devices that turn on and off lights while you are away on vacation and make sure you have someone who picks up any packages and messages/papers at your front doorstep while you are away.

Old 07-23-2013, 10:56 AM

82 posts, read 204,972 times
Clermont Security & Sound has good prices and we've always been happy with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando