Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2015, 08:08 AM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Yes, outsource--and they would hire intelligent US citizens to staff US airports just like they do in much of Europe. It's Greeks staffing security at the Athens airport. It's Swedes staffing security at Stockholm airport. The company is ICTS International, although there are at least one other that does the same thing. Intelligent, polite, and fast screening by highly trained and highly qualified individuals who rely more on psycology than machines with sleeping operators. Each time I have passed through security by this company I have been asked questions that were obviously meant to make a determination on who I am claiming to be and if my travel was what I was claiming it to be.

I distinctly remember leaving Athens and being asked why I didn't have a stamp from Athens airport as my point of entry into the country, when a glance through my passport would show that I had entered through Piraeus cruise port and had stamps from several other countries that corresponded with having been on a cruise that began in Italy. I was then asked if I had visited the Acropolis in the past two days. The correct answer was that I hadn't, as it had been closed due to a strike, but that I had an opportunity for a short visit this morning before arriving at the airport. They ask questions under the guise of pleasant conversation to catch people in lies.

The entire conversation lasted less time than it would have taken to stand with my hands over my head in a nude-o-scope. (Which by the way are junk science, the last two times I have gone through them they have signaled that I had metal on my ankle or wrist. I was wearing shorts, a t-shirt, and flip flops, so obviously nothing at all, let alone metal. They still needed to "pat that area down" and got angry when I insisted they put on a fresh pair of gloves before touching my bare skin. Gross.

time to move to Europe, so you can be happy ---
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2015, 08:26 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,043,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
time to move to Europe, so you can be happy ---
I am simply asking for our tax dollars to be spent in the most effective way. Right now it's one knee jerk reaction after another with no reasonable long term plan in an agency which has proven to be an ineffective money pit. It's a shame that some people aren't willing to admit that America doesn't always get it right, and that there are better options out there. But again the provincial minded people who haven't even left the US in 20 years wouldn't know that, because they refuse to take their head out of the sand.

Old 07-31-2015, 01:02 PM

oh yes such much better overseas-America does NOT get it right but I assure you NO other country does either- and you keep voting in politicians that keep saying CUT- CUT -CUT - keep cutting govt- next time maybe TSA just slap you on the back of the head- as you go by- just saying- eventually that's all we willing to pay for

Old 07-31-2015, 01:15 PM

Quote:
oh yes such much better overseas-America does NOT get it right but I assure you NO other country does either- and you keep voting in politicians that keep saying CUT- CUT -CUT - keep cutting govt- next time maybe TSA just slap you on the back of the head- as you go by- just saying- eventually that's all we willing to pay for
I have put my money where my mouth is. I have a passport and a Global Entry card. I have gone through a background check in order to get on a plane. Unfortunately most cheap ass idiots in the US prefer the illusion of security instead of using the money to actually hire those trained in identifying threats through psycological questioning rather than defective software that is proven to not work and half assed employees who sleep on the job or not noticing metal detection machines were not plugged in and NO lights were going off or stealing from checked bags...

TSA employees caught sleeping on the job, skipping work
Unplugged metal detector triggers JFK chaos: sources | New York Post
Tsa Thefts
Ex-TSA agent: We steal from travelers all the time
TSA Lets Loaded Guns Past Security, On to Planes - ABC News
TSA missed 95 percent of weapons, explosives in security tests | Washington Examiner

Do you really need me to continue showing how utterly useless this organization is? Read the last link alone. They missed 95% of weapons and explosives. 95%!!

Old 07-31-2015, 06:15 PM

yes they did- but regardless of our errors - I will back the USA - before I side with any other country in the world, My family has blood invested in that- and will protect my country. You have the freedom to openly state your opinion, but remember- TSA supports the employment and provides a hiring preference to eligible veterans-- some of those you looks down on- might be someone who lost a buddy at war.

Old 08-01-2015, 12:58 PM

Quote:
yes they did- but regardless of our errors - I will back the USA - before I side with any other country in the world, My family has blood invested in that- and will protect my country. You have the freedom to openly state your opinion, but remember- TSA supports the employment and provides a hiring preference to eligible veterans-- some of those you looks down on- might be someone who lost a buddy at war.
I have relatives in the military. We don't have a draft. It is their choice. Sure, some of the TSA are ex military, but far too many are pretty much criminals who just haven't been caught yet.

Old 08-01-2015, 01:54 PM

some of the TSA are ex military, but far too many are pretty much criminals who just haven't been caught yet.

maybe so --I will put them next to the many wall-street- corporate thieves OK-

Old 08-01-2015, 01:58 PM

Quote:
some of the TSA are ex military, but far too many are pretty much criminals who just haven't been caught yet.

maybe so --I will put them next to the many wall-street- corporate thieves OK-
There are a LOT more bad apples in the TSA. There are a handful of people who have been convicted of crimes from Wall Street. There are thousands of TSA who have been fired for everything from stealing from bags to smuggling weapons.

Old 08-01-2015, 02:15 PM

yes true lack of convictions at wall street- hmmm wonder why?? not because there was no crime and yes at least 400 TSA have been FIRED for stealing stuff. from passengers - good the were fired maybe prosecuted- restitution - everyday people always pays the price... and they should!

BUT___
A lack of criminal prosecutions of banks and their leaders fueled a public outcry over the perception that Wall Street giants are “too big to jail.” UPDATED May 20, 2015

The nation's fifth-largest brokerage firm pleaded guilty to an elaborate fraud that let the firm use as much as $250 million a day of bank funds... ok and

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...line.html?_r=0

Old 08-01-2015, 02:41 PM

Quote:
yes true lack of convictions at wall street- hmmm wonder why?? not because there was no crime and yes at least 400 TSA have been FIRED for stealing stuff. from passengers - good the were fired maybe prosecuted- restitution - everyday people always pays the price... and they should!

BUT___
A lack of criminal prosecutions of banks and their leaders fueled a public outcry over the perception that Wall Street giants are “too big to jail.” UPDATED May 20, 2015

The nation's fifth-largest brokerage firm pleaded guilty to an elaborate fraud that let the firm use as much as $250 million a day of bank funds... ok and

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...line.html?_r=0
Actually you are talking about the mortgage crisis. Prosecute the banks at the same time you prosecute the people who signed papers saying they would repay a loan that they knew they had no reasonable expectation of repaying. It was a two way street, and it was NOT entirely the banks fault.

By the way, $250M a day is a drop in the bucket for a large brokerage firm. They handle billions in transactions a day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: