Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 01:17 PM

23 posts, read 135,450 times

Advertisements

Hi I'm moving to orlando with my family 2kids.. Were looking onto really good schools and have read about avalon, but nobody has said much about it on here when I did a search,, any thoughts? also any others you suggest? I see alot of celebration, windermere, lake mary, winter park talk.. Where looking to rent fro around 1500 a month.. thanks,, t
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2007, 02:04 PM

25 posts, read 85,693 times
Default You are in luck

My neighbor is looking to rent his house. I think he may be looking in the $1600 to $1700 a month range but his house is gorgeous and the schools are all A schools.

Now to answer your question about the Orlando schools. Well that's a tough answer. I am realtor and I have sold homes all over town. It would really depend on what your needs are.

Winderemere/Gotha and Dr. Phillips have excellent schools. But you will not find a place to rent in your price range there. Same goes for Celebration.

Winter Park High School district has excellent schools as well. Winter Park High is very well known in the area and has an awesome reputation.

The Altamonte Springs area and Lake Mary schools are excellent. And then there is Oviedo schools. Those areas are all about 20 minutes outside of Orlando fyi.

East Orlando has a nice school district in certain areas that you might look into including the Avalon area that you mentioned.

I live in the Ocoee area right by the West Oaks Mall. I love it there and the schools are all A schools and I don't have to drive far to get to anything.

Old 08-25-2007, 02:22 PM

23 posts, read 135,450 times
my daughter is in the 1st grade so elementry is what I'm looking for at this time.. I def see the east orlando scores are higher.. Man kissimmee is really bad huh? I couldn't believe the best school there is a c school... pretty sad..

I'm going to keep looking and reading info on here and come down to find a place within the next month..
thanks alot for your input!!

Old 08-25-2007, 04:18 PM

I will say this. Be careful of basing everything on scores. There are some A rated schools that I'd never consider as an option for my kids. I have 2 elementary age kids and a middle schooler.

Nothing beats the experience of going to the actual school to talk to the staff.

I wouldn't consider Kissimmee but I do know some people who have looked into Poinciana and also St. Cloud.

Old 08-25-2007, 07:24 PM

1,065 posts, read 4,145,393 times
Avalon Park is very nice, and their schools are top notch. You should have no problem finding a rental single family home in the area for 1500. If you need help I can do a search for you in the MLS for some that are available.

Old 08-26-2007, 06:04 AM

75 posts, read 404,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tashlover View Post
Winderemere/Gotha and Dr. Phillips have excellent schools. But you will not find a place to rent in your price range there. Same goes for Celebration.
You can rent for that in Windermere. What are you looking for?

Old 08-26-2007, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryRiddle View Post
You can rent for that in Windermere. What are you looking for?
HI Terry. I am licensed realtor with Main Street Realtors located in downtown Windermere.

Old 08-27-2007, 08:58 AM

57 posts, read 156,576 times
Who doesn't have a real estate license in Florida?? Everyone I know has tried at one time or another. Pretty funny.

Old 08-27-2007, 11:41 AM

1,065 posts, read 4,145,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvigor View Post
Who doesn't have a real estate license in Florida?? Everyone I know has tried at one time or another. Pretty funny.
You didn't get the memo? When you move to FL you have to get your drivers license and then your Real Esate License.

Old 12-06-2007, 11:51 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,855,535 times
Default orlando

TVmango,
there are many very large homes for rent in the Avalon Park area for 1500 and less. The schools there are really good. There are many other good areas as well. Winter Park, Oviedo and so forth.Im sure you can find easy rentals in that price range. Good luck and welcome to fl
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando