Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2014, 04:27 PM

1,905 posts, read 2,791,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric1026 View Post
My company had meet with a web developer in downtown Orlando last week and the conversation diverged into how Orlando is successfully turning into a regional technology/start up scene. I wish I had taken notes because this guy was detailing so many things and I was pretty impressed. Here are a few things I remembered:

1) Church Street used to be a cool eating area in downtown Orlando but never had staying power once Disney and Universal created their own similar ideas. It recently turned into a really cool technology/start up place and is doing great:
How Church Street Exchange may bring retail, 350 jobs - Orlando Business Journal

2) Creative Village construction is already under way and will be a part of that entire area that includes the new Orlando Magic arena. The guy said they already have lots of start ups and tech firms in place (read signed leases) and it is being done in conjunction with two local colleges/universities:
CREATIVE VILLAGE ORLANDO

3) He mentioned a technology conference that is yearly and getting bigger and bigger.....represented by dozens of angel type investors that are helping to significantly expand the tech presence in Orlando. I tried to google it and I think he was talking about this:
iSummit 2014 - September 29-30, Orlando, Florida
Orlando?s iSummit 2014 to feature leaders from Mashable, PriceLine.com - Orlando Business Journal

4) He mentioned so much more including highlights on Orlando's video game industry and security/defense technology companies present.

Once again I wish I took notes but I hope this helps.
Yes Orlando is really building up its economy and turning into a true diverse city. So many things are going on with all the new development and population growth its really exciting to see it gain a new identity besides being known for Disney.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando