Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2014, 05:21 PM

3 posts, read 4,421 times

Advertisements

Thanks everyone for your replies!! I was there last week and that is exactly what I experienced and impressed me. All of the really nice friendly people. I will be working at South Lake hospital and I rented in century citrus. Getting very excited!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2014, 06:51 PM

148 posts, read 182,981 times
So what made you choose that apartment complex? Did you view any others? any bad ones?

Thanks

Old 12-10-2014, 07:33 PM

3 posts, read 4,421 times
I traveled all over the area on one day. North south east west. I labeled my choices 1, 2, 3 and4. The Citrus won because it was established, everyone was very professional, the grounds were impeccable, curb side trash pick up and 1 mile to my work! All of the other ones were similar more or less, but some just in remodeling stages, some did not have curb side trash pick up, some had younger clientele and I am in my mid fifties. Plus citrus offered a discount to South Lake hospital employees!

Old 12-11-2014, 02:18 PM

148 posts, read 182,981 times
Thank you Annerk and everyone else. I'm adding Clermont to my places to see when I visit next year.

Old 12-30-2014, 11:43 AM

15 posts, read 34,466 times
I've been looking at houses to rent in this area. Like the prices However, the schools aren't doing it for me. My granddaughter currently attends a school rated 8 in Slidell, LA. Is this why the prices are cheaper?? Looking on Google Maps, I like the area. I'm just not sure about sending granddaughter to a school that's rated 6. Cann anyone give me further info on what areas of Clermont have the better schools?

Old 12-30-2014, 11:45 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,043,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darlene9947 View Post
I've been looking at houses to rent in this area. Like the prices However, the schools aren't doing it for me. My granddaughter currently attends a school rated 8 in Slidell, LA. Is this why the prices are cheaper?? Looking on Google Maps, I like the area. I'm just not sure about sending granddaughter to a school that's rated 6. Cann anyone give me further info on what areas of Clermont have the better schools?
What schools are you looking at? I think all but one of the elementary schools is A rated. Windy Hill Middle is A rated and I've heard nothing but praise, and East Ridge High is A rated.

Where in Clermont are you looking? There is a lot of real estate that is a long way from Clermont but still maintains a Clermont address for some bizarre reason.

Old 12-30-2014, 11:49 AM

15 posts, read 34,466 times
Annerk, I've been looking on zillow, realtor.com, etc. Houses are scattered all over. I just want to be somewhere where the elementary and middle schools are comparable to whats in St. Tammany Parish in LA. What parts of Clermont should I be looking for the better schools?

Old 12-30-2014, 11:55 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,043,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darlene9947 View Post
Annerk, I've been looking on zillow, realtor.com, etc. Houses are scattered all over. I just want to be somewhere where the elementary and middle schools are comparable to whats in St. Tammany Parish in LA. What parts of Clermont should I be looking for the better schools?
Mostly in 34711. Look in the area roughly bounded by Route 27 (including the communities with entrances onto route 27) to the west, Hartwood Marsh to the South, Citrus Tower to the North, and the Clermont/Oakland line to the east.

Those should all put you into A rated elementary schools, East Ridge High, and Windy Hill or East Ridge Middle.

Minneola schools are also very good.

What is your price range?

Old 12-30-2014, 12:00 PM

3 posts, read 2,805 times
Annerk, are those good for middle and high schools as well? She will be in 3rd grade next year so I'm sure that whatever house we choose to rent, we will be there for at least middle school.
We were looking to stay around 2300-2400. We need a big house though. Me, husband, daughter, peanut in the belly, my parents and my sister. And two insane dogs.

Old 12-30-2014, 12:11 PM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
its a pretty area- good schools- action is by 50 not south 27th and most people are nice- not all
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando