Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2017, 06:25 AM

27,217 posts, read 43,923,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aislin View Post
So then at what point is it worth it to get the passes, if someone doesn't need to use tolls to get to work, for example? What happens if you drive thru the pass lanes without a pass?
As mentioned you get a notice in the mail for the cost of toll plus a small surcharge of like 20 cents. They have also placed pre-addressed envelopes at toll booths next to the change bin where you can send payment if you don't have a pass or exact change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2018, 03:11 PM

1 posts, read 1,038 times
We have Sunpass and just took a trip from Kennedy Space ctr to Sanford along 528. At each toll booth marked with epass our transponder did not work (We figured our sticker had become defective, went through the cash lane and asked), but when we got to the booth with Sunpass identified we were told yep, it works fine, keep moving. They were not interchangeable for us.

Old 02-18-2018, 03:02 AM

491 posts, read 518,925 times
I bought SunPass first and switched to Epass because of the discounts on 408 & 417 (roads that I use the most). Epass is also locally controlled which I like. I don't want my toll money going to build bridges in the panhandle. I wish that Epass would control all of the systems including the new one on I-4. Ideally, Epass, Sunrail and Lynx would be combined to form one intermodal system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando