Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2015, 10:06 AM

31 posts, read 134,747 times

Advertisements

From chicago.
Two cousins and roommates that have been paying perfect rent for about 17 years here, and finally got tired of the cold weather. We're both on SSI.

Over here, we've been paying $700-800 FOR A ONE BEDROOM APARTMENT and have been wondering if we can find something similar in Kissimmee (with some utilities included). We arrive there on the 27th of may and don't even know how or if we can find rent from out of state since we're in chicago. Any ideas would be appreciated, as my health conditions
(asthma and allergies, osteopenia etc) make it difficult to deal with the long winters here. How does one go about finding rent from out of state, if possible, or would my best bet a community living facility,a motel, but what motel would let me live there for a month or two and would the state I.D be issued us without a residential address etc.
Heck, I'm still trying to figure out the cheapest way to send about 13 medium sized bozes I have to my uncles house over there. LOL

Any tips.....anyone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2015, 01:59 PM

Still looking on different websites and nothing. Is it possible Kissimmee rents are actually costlier than Orlando? That's what it looks like from what I've seen so far. Again, if anyone has any tips please let me know.

Old 04-29-2015, 02:27 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,113,122 times
Your post is just too complicated. What exactly are you looking for from us? The names of some extended stay hotels or the names of some apartment complexes?

Why Kissimmee? There are much better and safer areas.

Do you need to be on a bus line?

Is this one person or two?

Maybe stop rambling and break down your questions to be more specific one item at a time and we can help.

PS--We don't care about your health conditions. They ahve nothing to do with your informational needs.

Old 04-29-2015, 03:01 PM

23 posts, read 29,341 times
Default Don't be a jerk!

@ annerk! old but good phrase "if you don't have anything good to say don't say anything at all" many people move due to health issues. Geeezzzzz.

Old 04-29-2015, 03:02 PM

Ok...let me be more specific....is it possible to find a $700-$800 one bedroom in Kissimmee..or is the median rental over there much more expensive?

Why Kissimmee? Looks like a fun place to live.
2 people, both on SSI.

Thanks for your time. :-)

Old 04-29-2015, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIZBIZ View Post
@ annerk! old but good phrase "if you don't have anything good to say don't say anything at all" many people move due to health issues. Geeezzzzz.
Health issues have NOTHING to do with finding housing!

Old 04-29-2015, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyboy2674 View Post
Ok...let me be more specific....is it possible to find a $700-$800 one bedroom in Kissimmee..or is the median rental over there much more expensive?

Why Kissimmee? Looks like a fun place to live.
2 people, both on SSI.

Thanks for your time. :-)
It is possible but there are better areas to live in that area safer.

I don't know why you would think it is "fun." Almost everything there requires a lot of money. (Theme parks, etc.)

Most landlords have minimum income to qualify for a rental. If you are both on SSI your monthly income is $1466. Landlords are not going to rent to you when 50% or more of your income is paying for rent. Few to no places around here include any utilities except garbage and sometimes water. Most landlords want the rent to be no more than 30% of the income, if you have perfect credit they might stretch to 35%. I'm not sure you'll find a place in a safe area in that price range.

Last edited by annerk; 04-29-2015 at 05:04 PM..

Old 04-29-2015, 05:48 PM

Ok thx annerk.
Nice to have met you.

Old 04-29-2015, 07:27 PM

If it were me, I'd be looking for a place where my money will go further. You might want to consider Lakeland or Leesburg. Both have public transit and are safe and have slightly lower housing costs.

Old 04-30-2015, 08:48 AM

536 posts, read 854,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Health issues have NOTHING to do with finding housing!
As a licensed real estate professional, I find annerk's statement to be beyond ignorant.

Information for Disabled Persons/U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)

All real estate licensees must study & be knowledgeable about the US Dept of Housing & Urban Development guidelines that outline the rights of people with disabilities, & the responsibilities of housing providers & building & design professionals.

Health issues often have EVERYTHING to do with finding housing. To claim otherwise is ridiculous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando