Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2015, 07:48 PM

6 posts, read 8,429 times

Advertisements

Hi! My husband has an interview with WDW and assuming it goes well we may be making a move soon. We have 3 young kids (6,4&1) and we homeschool. I am looking at areas that are close to Celebration (where his office would be) and are not more than a 30 minute commute. What areas should I consider? So far, I've found Hunter's Creek. TIA!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2015, 07:53 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,201,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambrdxn View Post
Hi! My husband has an interview with WDW and assuming it goes well we may be making a move soon. We have 3 young kids (6,4&1) and we homeschool. I am looking at areas that are close to Celebration (where his office would be) and are not more than a 30 minute commute. What areas should I consider? So far, I've found Hunter's Creek. TIA!
Cookie cutter ... why don't you look in Celebration ?

Old 04-28-2015, 07:54 PM

I'm afraid Celebration would be out of our price range - I guess that would be pertinent information. I think we would max out at 300K.

Old 04-29-2015, 07:34 AM

536 posts, read 853,431 times
I know of several very nice new home communities within an 11-12 mile radius, & no more than 20 minute commute, of Celebration.

There are some well built new homes, both single & two story, currently offered at approx $100 sq ft, which seemingly should be well within your budget.

Old 04-29-2015, 08:37 AM

83 posts, read 168,688 times
Hunter's Creek is a very nice area. What kind of property you are looking for?

Old 04-29-2015, 05:21 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,067,847 times
And the real estate vultures come out to play...

ambrdxn, considering you home school you have a number of options.

I would stop and ask yourself if your children will be participating in extra curricular activities--Scouts, sports, art classes, etc. If so, I would make the availability of those nearby part of the criteria.

Hunter's Creek would offer a number of housing options in your price range, although some of the neighborhoods in that area are older and don't seem all that well maintained, so be aware of that. I'd also double check, as I'm not sure what sort of recreational facilities are available in that area.

There are some (non-foreclosure) homes for sale in Dr. Philips in your price range. Not many, but there are some. One huge advantage to that area is that there is a fantastic Y with all sorts of programs, and should you decide to send your kids to public school down the road, the schools there are generally well regarded. The commute would be just about 30 minutes.

Lake Nona is a bit further out but is a fast growing area with a lot of younger families and might be a good option. Your husband could hop on the Greenway and be to work in 20 minutes, although he'd have to pay a toll.

Those would be my top three choices based on good, convenient locations with young families.

Old 04-29-2015, 10:10 PM

Thank you so much for the information annerk! It is hard to figure out exactly how long a commute will be when we haven't driven the area before! I will explore those different areas.

Old 04-30-2015, 06:18 AM

215 posts, read 280,001 times
try Travelmath trip calculator to calculate driving times for potential commutes.

Old 04-30-2015, 08:29 AM

536 posts, read 853,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambrdxn View Post
It is hard to figure out exactly how long a commute will be when we haven't driven the area before!
Try the Google Maps app found in the Google Chrome browser.

Besides giving you directions & very accurate drive times, it will allow you to see traffic bottlenecks at any time of day, as well as alternate routes, & you can zoom directly into neighborhoods to see close-up street view images of almost any home or building.

Old 04-30-2015, 08:37 PM

Thanks! He "passed" the first round of interviews 😄 Whoop!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando