Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2015, 06:50 AM

1,285 posts, read 1,397,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
These obstructionist have to die off-MOVE where you like- and bump these old geezers- just like the movie 42 with J. Robinson-- gotta press FORWARD.
So you believe people should die...because they committed a thought crime?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2015, 07:02 AM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
no the OLDER generation's IDEAS are no longer useful- but they keep insisting on having their way- obstructionist- People are free in this country and should live where they hell please- you have a problem with that?

Old 07-18-2015, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
no the OLDER generation's IDEAS are no longer useful- but they keep insisting on having their way- obstructionist- People are free in this country and should live where they hell please- you have a problem with that?
Obstructionist?

They did not talk to these new neighbors. Last time I checked that is their right, although I don't think it's a nice choice. But they did not do anything illegal. Realtors did not prevent this couple from moving into a white neighborhood. That would be obstructionist.

Old 07-18-2015, 07:17 AM

113 posts, read 182,304 times
Not being from the "older" generation myself I must come to their defense. How can their ideas not be "useful"? These folks stormed Normandy and saved the World from Hitler. These folks put Man on the Moon. These folks in the tail ends of their careers dissolved the Soviet Union and initiated the Civil Rights movement. That is one heck of a record. Seeing them drive a little slow, fumble with technology a bit and hold onto traditional ideas is giving you a very false impression of the enormous contributions they have made. Rather than toss them aside we would be wise to give them an ear. The generations since haven't done squat compared to these folks myself included.

Old 07-18-2015, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieGCC View Post
Not being from the "older" generation myself I must come to their defense. How can their ideas not be "useful"? These folks stormed Normandy and saved the World from Hitler. These folks put Man on the Moon. These folks in the tail ends of their careers dissolved the Soviet Union and initiated the Civil Rights movement. That is one heck of a record. Seeing them drive a little slow, fumble with technology a bit and hold onto traditional ideas is giving you a very false impression of the enormous contributions they have made. Rather than toss them aside we would be wise to give them an ear. The generations since haven't done squat compared to these folks myself included.
Because tinytrump throws the baby out with the bathwater. She wants a revolution to destroy the 1%, and then SSI charity cases can run the world and everything will be perfect.

Old 07-18-2015, 10:06 AM

24 posts, read 76,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Falcon View Post
Because tinytrump throws the baby out with the bathwater. She wants a revolution to destroy the 1%, and then SSI charity cases can run the world and everything will be perfect.

Ok guys this is getting way out of hand. I'm sure tinytrump was referring to the "obstructionist" as that small percentage of the population who hold on to prejudice ideals, not the people "who helped form our nation". We all value the contributions of generations past. My family is all military. However, the truth remains... people should be able to move wherever they choose and feel comfortable. My only criteria is living next to upstanding, honorable individuals who value and take pride in/care of their properties. If you take care of your exterior, landscape your lawn and are not parked on it, I don't care if your striped like a zebra or pink as a flamingo.. I'm proud to call you my neighbor.

My friends are not criminals. In fact he is in law enforcement. They have not been in the neighborhood long, live extremely quietly and are polite. You may be right, perhaps there was some "perceived" infraction that I am unaware of. If so, I can't fathombly see this said "infraction" occurring between them and more than one neighbor. If this were the case, how immature would that be for the rest of the neighbors to freeze our friends out based on something that may or may not have even happened. I'm a firm believer in getting to know people on my own and not based on what others may have said about them. The "high school" mentality is inexcusable. It is much easier to perpetuate that mentality when there are subconscious (or perhaps conscious) ideologies that lie beneath.

Old 07-18-2015, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConsideringMountD View Post
Ok guys this is getting way out of hand. I'm sure tinytrump was referring to the "obstructionist" as that small percentage of the population who hold on to prejudice ideals, not the people "who helped form our nation". We all value the contributions of generations past. My family is all military. However, the truth remains... people should be able to move wherever they choose and feel comfortable. My only criteria is living next to upstanding, honorable individuals who value and take pride in/care of their properties. If you take care of your exterior, landscape your lawn and are not parked on it, I don't care if your striped like a zebra or pink as a flamingo.. I'm proud to call you my neighbor.

My friends are not criminals. In fact he is in law enforcement. They have not been in the neighborhood long, live extremely quietly and are polite. You may be right, perhaps there was some "perceived" infraction that I am unaware of. If so, I can't fathombly see this said "infraction" occurring between them and more than one neighbor. If this were the case, how immature would that be for the rest of the neighbors to freeze our friends out based on something that may or may not have even happened. I'm a firm believer in getting to know people on my own and not based on what others may have said about them. The "high school" mentality is inexcusable. It is much easier to perpetuate that mentality when there are subconscious (or perhaps conscious) ideologies that lie beneath.
If it's a small town like Mayberry RFD, everyone could know everyone else's business and gossip.

Old 07-18-2015, 07:45 PM

thank you ConsideringMountD-- the old thinking that is wrong needs to GO- I had parents and grandparents etc. who contributed to my success in life. - not throwing all out-- but the negative busybodies who live in fear and hate everybody who does not look like them. I will stand -that if we can sell the sell the Waldorf Astoria to the Chinese anyone who wants to live in Mt Dora can! and Joey I work VERY hard and so does my family but we have compassion for our fellow man.

Old 07-18-2015, 08:51 PM

24 posts, read 76,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Falcon View Post
If it's a small town like Mayberry RFD, everyone could know everyone else's business and gossip.
Yes, but this entire line of reasoning is based on the supposition that something "happened", which to the best of my knowledge, it did not. Either way, I personally give people the benefit of the doubt and don't judge them based on gossip. It's silly and juvenile to react any other way. Look, perhaps it has nothing to do with race... perhaps they just happened to move onto the most "Un-neighborly" street in America... Wouldn't surprise me.. people don't have the sense of community they had when I was growing up.

Old 07-19-2015, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConsideringMountD View Post
Yes, but this entire line of reasoning is based on the supposition that something "happened", which to the best of my knowledge, it did not. Either way, I personally give people the benefit of the doubt and don't judge them based on gossip. It's silly and juvenile to react any other way. Look, perhaps it has nothing to do with race... perhaps they just happened to move onto the most "Un-neighborly" street in America... Wouldn't surprise me.. people don't have the sense of community they had when I was growing up.
well I tell you what -I have been living in different parts of FL the last few year and I am blessed- since I bought my house in Feb in old Orlando- I have had all kinds of neighborly people come to help, lend me garden tools, bring in my trash can - once saw them helping me rake leaves (I have a massive tree) and give me advise-my DYI projects- and just plain being GREAT neighbors! I feel safe and very accepted here.
I hope all could find what makes them happy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando