Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2015, 09:01 PM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
My kids go out and play just like I did all the time.
It's all about where you chose to live.
I made it a priority to move away from busy areas and sketchy people.
We're in a secluded, hidden neighborhood on a cul-de-sac. Any unknown vehicle (or person) quickly gets noticed by us or our neighbors.
Or can afford to live? my grands live in Clermont- some sprawl of it- nice cookie cutter houses but NO way let them out alone 6-9 - good they have those hilly large empty back yards- but no bike riding in the neighborhood.
I bought a home in the cul-de-sac,, (Orl)- so when they visit- swing is on tree tree, basket ball hoops on drive way and in a circle to ride those scooters-- BUT that as as far they can go. -- as kids we were all over town for hours, go to the park alone- no not the same, now you might go to jail if the kid goes to the park unattended by an adult--

Last edited by tinytrump; 08-25-2015 at 09:11 PM..

Old 08-25-2015, 09:06 PM

2,129 posts, read 4,510,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Or can affords to live? my grands live in Clermont- some sprawl of it- nice cookie cutter houses but NO way let them out alone 6-9 - good they have those hilly large empty back yards- but no bike riding in the neighborhood.
I bought a home in the cul-de-sac,, (Orl)- so when they visit- swing is on tree tree, basket ball hoops on drive way and in a circle to ride those scooters-- BUT that as as far they can go. -- as kids we were all over town for hours, go to the park alone- no not the same, now you might go to jail if the kid goes to the park unattended by an adult--
There are certainly safe places to live where kids can wander their own neighborhood. Not letting them ride their bikes around is just paranoia IMO.

Old 08-25-2015, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brinkofsunshine View Post
There are certainly safe places to live where kids can wander their own neighborhood. Not letting them ride their bikes around is just paranoia IMO.
Just saw one little gal missing since AUG 5 on tonight news I have the 3 neighborhood pedophiles info on my phone in case I ever saw them near the kids where the grands live- In Tampa we lived in Northdale -very nice area- called the sheriff because of illegal activity near a school bus stop by another idiot - they moved the stop as well- after I got done.
People who live behind gates might be fine- older kids maybe - but why take a chance?

Old 08-26-2015, 06:09 AM

17,184 posts, read 15,382,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brinkofsunshine View Post
Exactly. And part of the key is to know who lives in the neighborhood, and have them know who your kids are, or who the kids' parents are. That way, if the kids are down the other street playing ball, people know whose kids they are.

Old 08-26-2015, 06:25 AM

1,285 posts, read 1,397,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetSmarts View Post
There was a hit and run this AM, person on bicycle killed. Kissimmee. Again.

Hit n runs are outta control in FL. For those of you my age (30) with small kids/toddlers, does this worry you?

I know many of us wont even be living in FL in 10-15 yrs anyway, but those of you my age who plan to be here, is this something you worry about? I know I dont want my kids here when they start driving.
I was going to post that one and forgot. Thanks!

Old 08-26-2015, 02:53 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,918,308 times
Hit n runs are outta control in FL. For those of you my age (30) with small kids/toddlers, does this worry you?

I know many of us wont even be living in FL in 10-15 yrs anyway, but those of you my age who plan to be here, is this something you worry about? I know I dont want my kids here when they start driving.

Old 08-26-2015, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Exactly. And part of the key is to know who lives in the neighborhood, and have them know who your kids are, or who the kids' parents are. That way, if the kids are down the other street playing ball, people know whose kids they are.

bigger kids Ok- younger no- I was 5th grader ( 10) take off on snow days to dig tunnels and the snowball fight was ON!! left at 8 am ( to get the highest spot) returned at dark- raided different friends houses for lunch-- lot of bologna sandwiches! No parents -maybe one in the group was home... we ran free just like in the movies, my grands can no way do that.

Old 08-26-2015, 03:31 PM

https://www.facebook.com/ehbeefamily...6177905790297/

life has changed

Old 08-26-2015, 03:58 PM

17,184 posts, read 15,382,471 times
Quote:

lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-26-2015, 05:06 PM

2,129 posts, read 4,510,428 times
Quote:
bigger kids Ok- younger no- I was 5th grader ( 10) take off on snow days to dig tunnels and the snowball fight was ON!! left at 8 am ( to get the highest spot) returned at dark- raided different friends houses for lunch-- lot of bologna sandwiches! No parents -maybe one in the group was home... we ran free just like in the movies, my grands can no way do that.
Criminal activity was not created in the last 10 years. There have always been bad people out there. Statistically speaking, it is far more likely for a child to be abused by someone they know than a stranger. I really hope your grandkids experience some sort of freedom, for their sake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando