Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2016, 12:53 PM

4,757 posts, read 3,368,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
The mainstream media will take as long as possible to avoid speaking on this. Calling it an ISIS terror attack is much more newsworthy and causes a much bigger stir. "ISIS attacks America" vs "Gay Muslim man targets gay Puerto Ricans..."

I agree but I don't think they are trying to hide this news. Even if they include that the motivation was very much hate towards Puerto Ricans, they will definitely emphasize that the man was Muslim and he hated Puerto Ricans and so he committed this terrorist atrocity. As long as they can keep their brainwashing terror terror war on terror we need to have war against terror theme, they don't care about the new news.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2016, 12:00 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,528,500 times
I do wish there were more PR people on this forum,spice things up. The Orlando forums can be a very boring read sometimes.

Old 07-13-2016, 11:11 AM

91 posts, read 103,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jv1148 View Post
I believe you're mistaken, while the growth of Puerto Ricans has certainly grown they are not necessarily from Puerto Rico (originally lived). I myself am Puerto Rican but I moved from Ohio. Many Puerto Ricans are moving South of places where they originally lived (i.e New York, Jersey, Ohio, Chicago). Yes there are Puerto Ricans leaving P.R. but it is not as many as you think.

This is true. I'm Puerto Rican and I moved to Orlando from Hawaii.

Old 07-13-2016, 12:43 PM

35,710 posts, read 21,076,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetSmarts View Post
So serious question..... What good has it caused?
only those who lived here along time ago can tell you that -- before and after

Old 07-14-2016, 05:43 AM

I have live in Orlando 1.2 yrs - I see a lot of Latino presence, but cannot tell you if it's Puerto Rican -- It does not matter to me, where they were born.. Saying that-- I do wish there was open espresso walk ups like in Miami-- I know that is a CUBAN thing... but were are all the Cubans?? NOT even one true bakery

Old 07-14-2016, 10:30 AM

17,206 posts, read 15,412,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I have live in Orlando 1.2 yrs - I see a lot of Latino presence, but cannot tell you if it's Puerto Rican -- It does not matter to me, where they were born.. Saying that-- I do wish there was open espresso walk ups like in Miami-- I know that is a CUBAN thing... but were are all the Cubans?? NOT even one true bakery
I can agree with this.
One thing I've noticed is that the Puerto Ricans here do not share much of their culture openly, unlike others. Cubans open up bakeries and small restaurants all over. Venezuelans are proud to share their culture via food as well. Guyanese have roti shops and small grocery stores. Jamaicans have loads of true Jamaican restaurants and stores. Same goes for virtually all Asians. Mexicans have taquerias and carnicerias all over the place. Puerto Ricans have... nothing it seems, aside from "proud" displays of "Boricua" on their vehicles.
It doesn't bother me, but it's definitely noticeable.

As far as to whether it's CHANGED Orlando? Well, in the 14 years I've been here, I've seen Orlando gain more and more of a Miami vibe, whereas when I first moved here, I found it more similar to Tampa.

Old 07-14-2016, 12:24 PM

66 posts, read 78,912 times
Unhappy RE: Orlando quickly becoming next Miami but w/bad neighbors.

unfortunately, the city is going to the pits due to tremendous influx of some residents who do not have any respect for human life, private property ,and rule of Law.

Last edited by lamigra001; 07-14-2016 at 12:25 PM.. Reason: grammer

Old 07-14-2016, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamigra001 View Post
unfortunately, the city is going to the pits due to tremendous influx of some residents who do not have any respect for human life, private property ,and rule of Law.
We have had crime, not sure new influx causing it. Did you not just come recently too?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando