Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2016, 02:30 PM

1 posts, read 882 times

Advertisements

I am 25, planning to move out of the desert after I grew up here and lived here all my life.

I really want to go to Orlando, since that's where's the money is at for me in my line of work.

Is there any hardcore ghettos there? And which areas should I avoid? How are the people there? They are very nice here in Phoenix. Do people live inside during the summers? And how is the weather there during the spring, summer, fall, etc. Is there any apartments in a nice very quiet residential area for a pretty cheap price? Like up to at most, 2,000 for rent a month? 2 bedrooms? I have some friends that may come with me and live here with me. Please explain all about it please, that'll help, thank you

And compare Orlando to Miami, I am just curious. Tell me all about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2016, 08:53 PM

24,407 posts, read 26,956,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phxhaboob View Post
I am 25, planning to move out of the desert after I grew up here and lived here all my life.

I really want to go to Orlando, since that's where's the money is at for me in my line of work.

Is there any hardcore ghettos there? And which areas should I avoid? How are the people there? They are very nice here in Phoenix. Do people live inside during the summers? And how is the weather there during the spring, summer, fall, etc. Is there any apartments in a nice very quiet residential area for a pretty cheap price? Like up to at most, 2,000 for rent a month? 2 bedrooms? I have some friends that may come with me and live here with me. Please explain all about it please, that'll help, thank you

And compare Orlando to Miami, I am just curious. Tell me all about it.
1) There are ghetto areas, but compared to major cities they aren't anything out of the ordinary. They actually don't look bad, but they do have serious crime. It's a spread out city, so crime doesn't travel too much compared to say a city like San Francisco.

2) Avoid Pine Hills

3) People are friendly generally speaking, but it has more to do about your attitude. I've moved 10 times and lived in 8 different cities and have found people to be friendly in every city I've lived. If you are friendly first, most people will be friendly back.

4) No, they go to the beach, pool, water park etc.

5) The weather is really great.

6) $2,000 month will get you a nice large pool home in some of the most desirable parts of town.

7) If you want nightlife, beaches, and a big city feel, go with Miami.

Old 04-22-2016, 07:51 AM

17,191 posts, read 15,390,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
1) There are ghetto areas, but compared to major cities they aren't anything out of the ordinary. They actually don't look bad, but they do have serious crime. It's a spread out city, so crime doesn't travel too much compared to say a city like San Francisco.

2) Avoid Pine Hills

3) People are friendly generally speaking, but it has more to do about your attitude. I've moved 10 times and lived in 8 different cities and have found people to be friendly in every city I've lived. If you are friendly first, most people will be friendly back.

4) No, they go to the beach, pool, water park etc.

5) The weather is really great.

6) $2,000 month will get you a nice large pool home in some of the most desirable parts of town.

7) If you want nightlife, beaches, and a big city feel, go with Miami.
To an extent... Pine Hills has lots of crime, but is VERY multi-cultural, and as such, is loaded with a variety of ethnic stores and restaurants. I do quite a bit of grocery shopping in the area, and that ramen place in the oriental plaza (I refuse to call it a "China Town, as it's more a mix of everything) is AMAZING.
Anything worth visiting is along Colonial Dr., which is a major, busy highway. The odds of anything happening to you there are slim to none. I would avoid the side streets, though.

Old 04-22-2016, 10:09 AM

24,407 posts, read 26,956,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
To an extent... Pine Hills has lots of crime, but is VERY multi-cultural, and as such, is loaded with a variety of ethnic stores and restaurants. I do quite a bit of grocery shopping in the area, and that ramen place in the oriental plaza (I refuse to call it a "China Town, as it's more a mix of everything) is AMAZING.
Anything worth visiting is along Colonial Dr., which is a major, busy highway. The odds of anything happening to you there are slim to none. I would avoid the side streets, though.
When I said avoid Pine Hills, I was speaking from a living stand point. I go shopping at the Chinese grocery store there once a week along with the Chinese bakery and Japanese ramen shop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: