Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2008, 09:07 AM

29 posts, read 169,529 times

Advertisements

hey there , moving from long island ny to the wonderful florida

we were originally looking in Celebration but the taxes r way to high !! so we looked in Windermere and found many gorgeous communities . we love love love Keenes Pointe , but gets a little pricey we have found a dozen or so homes from the 400's to the highest of 700,000.

can anyone recommend a gated nice community in the dr. phillips community and windemere , from the 4,5,6,7's . mostly like new communitys. By the way what school district does Windermere goo to ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2008, 05:12 PM

53 posts, read 52,457 times
Default Hi there

I specialize in the Winter Garden/Windermere area and there ar esome great communities around, it all depends on what you are looking for and i would need some specific details. If you dont mind not being in a gated community, i can recommend Independence, it is laid out like Celebration in that it is not gated, but i am currently working with a buyer and i showed a property today which is over 3000 sq ft it has a garage apartment and is colonial in style. This property is currently listed around $325,000.

There are some great deals to be had and Independence falls under Winter Garden for post but it is actually really in the Windermere area.

As for Windermere gated communities, there are a number i would recommend. Keenes point, Isleworth, Stoneybrook & Black lake Park(which is Winter Garden).

If you need any other info you know where we all are

Old 02-23-2008, 05:27 PM

53 posts, read 52,457 times
Default hi

do you have any certain area you need to be in for commuting reasons?

Old 02-23-2008, 05:54 PM

1,065 posts, read 4,147,258 times
I'm actually showing a few homes to a customer tomorrow in the Dr. Phillips area.

There are several great gated, newer but established communities in both Dr. Phillips and Windermere. We'd need some additional Criteria to narrow down just what types of homes you like. There are 131 homes in that area, built after 1998, between 400-799K, in gated communities.....not including new construction. (theres on particular community I like going up in Dr. Phillips by Reiche & Silliman)

As far as schools go you can check out what schools serve any address by checking it here: https://www.ocps.net/Parents/Pages/FindaSchool.aspx
And their rankings and statistics here: School Accountability Report
Another great site for school research: GreatSchools.net
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando