Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2016, 05:58 PM

1 posts, read 7,570 times

Advertisements

If your single and like diversity & culture – DO NOTmove to Sanford FL. Sanford is the armpit of central Florida and is at least a 30-minute drive down I-4 (still under construction for years and years) to anything that has to do with culture. The residents of this area are NASCAR lovin’ white trash bigots! I got transferred to the area with work and have landed in HELL –the local mall is closing store by store and there is not one thing to do in this area – and I live in the “nice area”. The people are rude, and I have never seen so many obese people in one area. No work in the area what so ever unless you want to work in a restaurant or retail for $8.50 per hour. Lake Mary is a much better choice. I can't wait to leave ****ty Sanford!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2016, 11:04 PM

17,115 posts, read 15,341,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowaynohow View Post
If your single and like diversity & culture – DO NOTmove to Sanford FL. Sanford is the armpit of central Florida and is at least a 30-minute drive down I-4 (still under construction for years and years) to anything that has to do with culture. The residents of this area are NASCAR lovin’ white trash bigots! I got transferred to the area with work and have landed in HELL –the local mall is closing store by store and there is not one thing to do in this area – and I live in the “nice area”. The people are rude, and I have never seen so many obese people in one area. No work in the area what so ever unless you want to work in a restaurant or retail for $8.50 per hour. Lake Mary is a much better choice. I can't wait to leave ****ty Sanford!
Huh? Lake Mary and Sanford pretty much mesh in seamlessly with each other to the point one doesn't even really notice when you leave one town for the next. I was at the big soccer complex and thought I was in Lake Mary (Markham area), but it's listed as West Sanford. What difference would it make to live in Lake Mary when they're practically the same town? So you can't find a decent job in Sanford but can find one in Lake Mary, so that would justify a move 5 minutes down the road? What, you can't just drive to Lake Mary?

NASCAR white trash? I'd like to know what this "nice area" in which you live is, considering the folks I interact with from the nice parts of Sanford are practically all well-to-do Northern transplants.

You can live in Sanford and WALK down to the massive office complexes along International Pkwy.
Sanford has a nice zoo and a charming downtown, and is the intersecting point of I4 and 417.
The mall used to be one of the better ones in CFL. I'm pretty sure an investor is going to buy it and remodel it pretty soon.
There are beautiful nature parks all over, and then there's Lake Monroe, Lake Jessup, Wekiva State Park...
Lake Mary won't treat you any better than Sanford does.

I don't get this rant.

Old 04-12-2016, 06:49 AM

20,024 posts, read 20,826,797 times
Alright! Sounds like my kinda town!
I'm going to start looking in Sanford.

Old 04-12-2016, 06:52 AM

16,904 posts, read 16,116,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Alright! Sounds like my kinda town!
I'm going to start looking in Sanford.
That's exactly what I am thinking!

Old 04-12-2016, 07:09 AM

698 posts, read 959,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post

I don't get this rant.
Maybe somebody down on their luck.

I do have to wonder though when someone's first post is so negative if it's factual or just a troll looking to stir up a debate

Old 04-12-2016, 08:25 AM

1,437 posts, read 2,570,629 times
It sucks in Casselberry... I want to move to Altamonte Springs!

I thought it funny saying how Lake Mary is SOOOO much better. I was expecting saying that someplace fabulous like it was better in someplace fabulous and beutiful like Miami Beach or La Jolla, CA

Old 04-12-2016, 09:06 AM

505 posts, read 514,830 times
NASCAR!? Sweet! I love NASCAR! Wife and I are thinking of moving in the next year, maybe we should look at Sanford!

Old 04-12-2016, 09:35 AM

17,115 posts, read 15,341,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedneckRebel View Post
NASCAR!? Sweet! I love NASCAR! Wife and I are thinking of moving in the next year, maybe we should look at Sanford!
If you're looking for "redneck/NASCAR with a bit of "trash," as described in the OP, I highly recommend you look elsewhere than Sanford. Deltona, maybe, if you're looking to stay in the area. Sanford? LOL.

Old 04-12-2016, 10:17 AM

4,091 posts, read 6,010,760 times
I'm just a bit curious, as someone who doesn't live in the Orlando area... How did you find Sanford and/or why did you pick it over Lake Mary, Orlando, Altamonte, etc?

Old 04-12-2016, 11:43 AM

6,420 posts, read 6,520,508 times
Home of George Zimmerman!! He didn't have to kill that unarmed kid though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando