Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2018, 01:59 PM

33 posts, read 35,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
I’d never be afraid to “insult” an owner, low ball offers I just tell my realtor say no, if you want to increase your bid, feel free to submit it again. If it’s low, but not too low, I will do a counter offer. At the end of the day, it’s money... 99% of owners won’t get offended and then turn away a good offer. The idea of insulting an owner is something I personally believe some realtors use to scare buyers into offering more upfront so they don’t risk losing the house and have to start from scratch again.

It’s good for the realtor to inform their buyers what the value of the house is, what the market trend is, and how hot the market is in that area and price range... but to say don’t offer this because you might offens the sellers rub me off the wrong way.

It’s better to say, this home is valued at $300k, this price range and area is very popular, so we should make a strong offer. We can try to get a discount by offering $290k and try to get them to meet us halfway at $295k just know we might not get a chance to give a counter offer. We could also go with $295k to be more safe, but once again, the value is $300k, so we still might not get a chance to increase the offer if they get a full offer and if you know this house is the one, we should go with the full value of $300k. There are other things you can do to make a lower offer more competitive as well, but that’s a whole other topic.
Ask any seller how they feel about low offers, it is a real feeling, not something realtors make up to create urgency. It shows motivation. For example, at a garage sale, two people are interested in an item. Once offers half, the other offers 75%, you're saying the one submitted at half carries the same weight as the one submitted at 75%? Negotiation is an art. When used properly a win-win is created for both parties. And the terms "we should" are not permitted in Florida real estate, we can guide but never tell what price the seller should list at or buyer should offer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2018, 02:09 PM

24,407 posts, read 26,956,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myhomeorlandofl View Post
Ask any seller how they feel about low offers, it is a real feeling, not something realtors make up to create urgency. It shows motivation. For example, at a garage sale, two people are interested in an item. Once offers half, the other offers 75%, you're saying the one submitted at half carries the same weight as the one submitted at 75%? Negotiation is an art. When used properly a win-win is created for both parties. And the terms "we should" are not permitted in Florida real estate, we can guide but never tell what price the seller should list at or buyer should offer.
I’ve sold before and have had my share of low ball offers. I don’t get offended. If that person came back after my rejecting their offer with a full price cash offer, I wouldn’t be like “NO! You offended me earlier! I would rather sell it to Bob for $10k less!” That’s what I mean by don’t worry about offending the seller. The worst thing they will do is say no without a counter. At that point you can try again, but if it’s a hot house, you might not get a chance. A lot of listing agents also give away crucial information if the buyers agent asks some questions as well. Negotiation is an art, but unless the buyer believes this is their dream house that is a once in a lifetime thing... a buyer shouldn’t be afraid to give a low ball offer... however, the specific house, market, price make each situation unique. My main point is, don’t worry a out offending a seller. You can worry about not getting the house or not even getting another chance to increase your offer, but to say you will offend them implies, you can’t get it even if you change ur offer to the highest bid.

Old 04-01-2018, 04:37 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,323,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
I’ve sold before and have had my share of low ball offers. I don’t get offended. If that person came back after my rejecting their offer with a full price cash offer, I wouldn’t be like “NO! You offended me earlier! I would rather sell it to Bob for $10k less!” That’s what I mean by don’t worry about offending the seller. The worst thing they will do is say no without a counter. At that point you can try again, but if it’s a hot house, you might not get a chance. A lot of listing agents also give away crucial information if the buyers agent asks some questions as well. Negotiation is an art, but unless the buyer believes this is their dream house that is a once in a lifetime thing... a buyer shouldn’t be afraid to give a low ball offer... however, the specific house, market, price make each situation unique. My main point is, don’t worry a out offending a seller. You can worry about not getting the house or not even getting another chance to increase your offer, but to say you will offend them implies, you can’t get it even if you change ur offer to the highest bid.
Agreed. Unless you're in a multiple offer situation on a hot property, the idea of insulting the seller is bs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: