Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2020, 07:11 AM

29 posts, read 32,715 times

Advertisements

Sanford sucks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2020, 07:25 AM

17,180 posts, read 15,382,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeTwoThree View Post
Sanford sucks.
There are nice parts though. Everything around and near Sylvan Lake is gorgeous.

Old 10-23-2020, 08:50 AM

27,214 posts, read 43,910,956 times
Quote:
Sanford sucks.
Wow, very detailed and compelling. Sounds like you have all kinds of personal experience to share...

Old 10-23-2020, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
There are nice parts though. Everything around and near Sylvan Lake is gorgeous.
Thera are many nice areas beyond Lake Sylvan. There's Lake Forest, the Orange Boulevard/Astor Farms area, the Oregon Avenue corridor (Kaywood/Calabria/Greystone), New Upsala (Idyllwilde/Monterey Oaks), Mayfair Country Club area, the neighbprhoods surrounding Seminole State College, The Preserve at Lake Monroe, Mayfair (east of downtown, south of the lake), the Historic District near downtown, the Mellonville Rd historic area, Celery Key area and the southside (south of 419/417) with newer construction neighborhoods and older custom homes on larger lots. If one has any experience with the city itself versus mouthing off over what someone else said on the internet, one would know the difference.

Old 10-23-2020, 12:08 PM

17,180 posts, read 15,382,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Thera are many nice areas beyond Lake Sylvan. There's Lake Forest, the Orange Boulevard/Astor Farms area, the Oregon Avenue corridor (Kaywood/Calabria/Greystone), New Upsala (Idyllwilde/Monterey Oaks), Mayfair Country Club area, the neighbprhoods surrounding Seminole State College, The Preserve at Lake Monroe, Mayfair (east of downtown, south of the lake), the Historic District near downtown, the Mellonville Rd historic area, Celery Key area and the southside (south of 419/417) with newer construction neighborhoods and older custom homes on larger lots. If one has any experience with the city itself versus mouthing off over what someone else said on the internet, one would know the difference.
Yes, I agree.

I just always find it odd when people comment about Sanford in that way, but yet ill be quick to praise Lake Mary, despite the two being pretty much one in the same.

Old 10-23-2020, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Yes, there are definitely some nice parts, but most of it is a pit. I think this is generally common knowledge. Downtown and the waterfront are also pretty great, but the surrounding areas just outside is extremely trashy and rundown.

Old 10-23-2020, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Wow, very detailed and compelling. Sounds like you have all kinds of personal experience to share...
I do. I’ve spent entire days exploring the area before moving here from the Bay Area. I considered every crevice of Greater Orlando and quickly swore off Sanford. Downtown was quaint and the waterfront was stunning. Almost everything besides that was gross. You must live there or something and are taking offense because that’s the only way someone would stick up for Sanford. There are definitely a few very well-off areas, particularly those close to the superior Lake Mary. Besides that and perhaps a tiny handful of enclaves, Sanford is a dump and I’d caution anyone moving there.

Old 10-23-2020, 02:47 PM

Quote:
I do. I’ve spent entire days exploring the area before moving here from the Bay Area. I considered every crevice of Greater Orlando and quickly swore off Sanford. Downtown was quaint and the waterfront was stunning. Almost everything besides that was gross. You must live there or something and are taking offense because that’s the only way someone would stick up for Sanford. There are definitely a few very well-off areas, particularly those close to the superior Lake Mary. Besides that and perhaps a tiny handful of enclaves, Sanford is a dump and I’d caution anyone moving there.
I do live here and while it has "gross areas", so does Orlando which has a lot of them. Half of the areas I mentioned aren't close to Lake Mary, which goes to show you have no idea of what you're talking about. Sanford is an old city with a long history where Lake Mary was largely a bump in the road until the 1970s-1980s, so of course it's newer and shinier for those with shallow appreciation for things that are not. Clearly someone who lives here either took you out back to the woodshed or called you for what you are, either way it's clear you have an agenda.

Old 10-23-2020, 03:25 PM

2,495 posts, read 1,871,611 times
Hey, it's perfectly fine with me if people don't want to move here to Sanford. Too many people moving here already!

Old 10-23-2020, 03:30 PM

Quote:
I do live here and while it has "gross areas", so does Orlando which has a lot of them. Half of the areas I mentioned aren't close to Lake Mary, which goes to show you have no idea of what you're talking about. Sanford is an old city with a long history where Lake Mary was largely a bump in the road until the 1970s-1980s, so of course it's newer and shinier for those with shallow appreciation for things that are not. Clearly someone who lives here either took you out back to the woodshed or called you for what you are, either way it's clear you have an agenda.
Those areas as being nice are just your opinion, and you already mentioned you live there so you’re clearly biased. Why would I have an agenda? You’re just taking criticisms of your city personally. I’m not attacking you, so I can’t understand what you would mean when you say I have an agenda I’m merely saying my opinion and relaying my observations. Every single city has bad and ugly areas and conversely, nice and wealthy areas. I’m not discounting Sanford as being anything different. It’s just there are FAR more ugly, rundown areas than nice, and a good portion of them are near or around the core. Ergo, a dump. Most in central Florida regard Sanford as they do Kissimmee for a reason. Kissimmee has nice areas too, but the mere mention of the name has certain ... connotations that reek of undesirability. Sorry, but you know it’s true.

If your feelings are hurt, move. Otherwise, deal with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando